Federal Agents Bust Ghost Gun Operation.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    "Authorities allege Harnden was running a ghost gun outfit, in part of a larger problem of DIY weapons increasingly being used by criminal organizations and right-wing extremists to evade firearm laws."

Hmm, so liberals are not criminals... I suspect this just might be a bit of biased "news".

" highlights how the homemade firearms can fuel crime." Hmmm, hard hitting facts. "Can" is such a precise word.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    LOL! Untraceable firearms are deadlier? Oh wait.......a background check and a serial number makes a firearm less deadly!
    Perhaps untraceable guns are evil(like the Ring from "Lord of the Rings.") They corrupt the minds of men and turn good people into criminals. The obvious solution is to find sone Hobbits and have them toss these "ghost" guns in a volcano right?

If you catch a felon with a gun, or catch someone committing a crime with a gun, just throw the book at them! The gun is evidence and a criminal gets taken off the street. Why should anyone care if it was homemade?

Tracing the gun is only relevant if it is stolen properly. Now if the gun you assembled gets stolen and can't be traced back to you, thay is simply the chance you take. I have had knives stolen from me(including Benchmade) and there is no tracing those!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    LOL! Untraceable firearms are deadlier? Oh wait.......a background check and a serial number makes a firearm less deadly!
    Perhaps untraceable guns are evil(like the Ring from "Lord of the Rings.") They corrupt the minds of men and turn good people into criminals. The obvious solution is to find sone Hobbits and have them toss these "ghost" guns in a volcano right?

If you catch a felon with a gun, or catch someone committing a crime with a gun, just throw the book at them! The gun is evidence and a criminal gets taken off the street. Why should anyone care if it was homemade?

Tracing the gun is only relevant if it is stolen properly. Now if the gun you assembled gets stolen and can't be traced back to you, thay is simply the chance you take. I have had knives stolen from me(including Benchmade) and there is no tracing those!
    No doubt!
    I’m still reeling at how the anti gunners attempt to suggest that a criminal will only attempt to secure a gun via a background check. I’m pretty sure that not very many do. On the other side of the coin, more than one murderer has gone to a gun store and legally purchased the weapon used in the murder. Will they ever admit that it’s not the guns doing the murdering?

sgt z

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Hammond, LA
    Yeah, that guy had a lot going on. Multiple drug charges and trading "fake" Oxy for Straw purchases. I don't know how the ATF and the DEA could decide how to proceed with the arrest, obviously an agency was uninformed. In Oregon too, what a shame, the land of such liberal drug laws. Its hard to believe any Federal Law Enforcement Agency is allowed to operate in Oregon.
    That guy was an easy mark. He deserves whatever he gets.

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    Three completed ghost guns? Yeah, he's a huge part of the problem! It sounds like he was more interested in acquiring guns for himself if they found them all in his possession, after paying people to purchase them in their names. There's nothing in the story about evidence of him selling the guns until he needed money for his commissary once they jailed him.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in support of drug dealers or people having guns who have proven that they shouldn't have them, it's just that they seem to be making this story out as some big part of a huge problem that isn't quite so. I'm starting to question whether the media might not be neutral...

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    This is all so stupid. The Cat is out of the bag. Criminals will just continue to be criminals and start making their own guns if they have too. I watched a whole documentary on people in Pakistan Making fully functional firearms by hand. Things like 1911s and more. Wish I could remember the name of the documentary.

Criminals get chemicals shipped all over the world and set up labs with Criminal chemist. It would not be a far leap for them to setup shop and start smelting, forging and machining guns. They could even use their chemist to make powder, primers, and brass. They do not do this yet because it is easier for them to just steal guns or use straw purchases.

A human is the smartest being to ever walk this Earth. If they want something they will find away to get it regardless the amount of laws passed.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    It's about control. The leadership class want more control. They fear the people. The media is paid for and owned by the leadership class. Good luck keeping your Republic folks! They are twisting Article VI each cycle claiming that our freedoms are dependent on the situation or environment because it's easier to muddy the waters in how the judge defines the "right." They claim the First and Second Amendment is up for interpretation.. Yeah sure only when it fits their narratives. Citizens are intelligent enough to understand the Bill of Rights is not up for interpretation. Our leadership has been bending the rules since President Washington, even he himself did so. This does not mean it was acceptable and just.

jbanks2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2013
    My question will answer itself... But I just have to ask it...

Does a criminal really care about gun laws anyway???

Every state run media story and tale about gun control will be discussed ad nauseam until exclusive power to control, register, and confiscate firearms rests solely in the hands of the liberal federal government.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana

I am neither a felon nor someone who would commit a crime, especially with a firearm and while I think that anyone who commits a crime, especially a violent crime, should be harshly punished to the fullest extent of the law. I believe that felons should have a chance to gain their 2nd amendment Rights back once they've paid their debt to society.
    I know several people who committed crimes 20-30 years ago and haven't committed a crime since. They work, have families and go to church. They're law-abiding citizens that contribute to society who just happened to commit a crime in their youth. The 2nd amendment doesn't have any "ifs" in it. It says that The Right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed, not The Right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed unless a crooked judge or politician says so.

Top Bottom