FedEx driver stole firearms

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    I read about this story earlier and then saw a video mentioning the same. Of course I see this just one day after I drop off a pistol going back to FN for warranty work!
    I’ve heard other stories of lost and missing firearms that get grabbed during shipping, but there’s a mention of a rather large percentage of firearms related items, namely ammunition, that has come up missing. Anyone else having this problem?
    I haven’t bought much in the way of ammo for a couple years, but my primary sources have been online for the past several years. I’ve only had problems on 2 occasions. Once was an order that UPS said they lost. The other was a case that was so damaged that loose rounds were falling out a busted corner of the box so I handed it back to the driver.
    Really hoping this won’t become a regular thing, because I doubt much will be done to correct it. The other side of the coin, to do with firearms, may be further shipping restrictions or other changes that will only hurt the people attempting to ship or have guns shipped to a FFL. As it stands, you now have to ship 2 day air if I’m not mistaken.
    Thoughts?

UncleBiff

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2022
    Chalmette
    I have not had issues with missing stuff. I did have to send back a S&W 686 for warranty work. Fedex would not let me use the 2 day label from Smith. They said it MUST be overnight. I got on the phone with Fedex but no one could help me. Eventually the manager just said we will accept it just this one time.

T-boy

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    st. amant
    I've only had to send one firearm in for warranty work and had no issue. Bulk of my ammo buying in the last 2 years has been online and no issues there so far either.

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    I lost a Browning BPS Shotgun during IDA at the FedEx warehouse in St Rose. Seller sent another after FedEx declared it lost. It was received in FedEx St Rose and never left via FedEx

Mr Smooth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2022
    Destrehan
    I have not had issues with missing stuff. I did have to send back a S&W 686 for warranty work. Fedex would not let me use the 2 day label from Smith. They said it MUST be overnight. I got on the phone with Fedex but no one could help me. Eventually the manager just said we will accept it just this one time.
    I had the same problem with FedEx NOLA Airport regarding overnight requirement. On two occasions they take the ruger label with a handgun and in between the rugers they don't take a century label with a long gun. It has to be an overnight label. None of the labels were overnight from the manufacturer. They really don't educate their managers to their own requirements.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Soon the delivery companies will all cave to the wokeness and not ship anything associated with 2A . They will probably be compensated by big gubment through easing of road use tax and loosened emission standards. Maybe even given new electric delivery vehicles for “free”. Death by 1000 cuts and the delivery industry is just one slash in the attack.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Unfortunately this doesn’t just happen with fed ex, it happens with all of them. I’ve had packages with gun parts disappear from ups, fed ex, and usps but luckily never a whole gun.

I’ve also made out like a bandit literally a handful of times ordering something. I will place an order, package ships, package stops moving, I contact seller and carrier, new package is mailed out roughly a week or so later, both packages show up for essentially a double order. Every company this has happened with has told me just keep the extra items. Tandemkross was the only company that asked me to pay for the second package. I told them I would not pay for a second package that I didn’t need but I would gladly mail the items back to them from the duplicate package.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    UPS has been losing guns and ammo at an alarming rate lately
    I have heard a couple stories as well, hence my concern. I remember one hub in particular that was under investigation by ATF last year but never heard any conclusion. My worry is that with the current climate certain individuals might think there will be no urgency to attempt to right any wrong done to a firearms enthusiast. I mean, there are already financial institutions refusing to be involved in firearms purchases or finance manufacturers. If UPS or FedEx workers can steal or destroy those items without worrying about any consequences we are in for a bumpy ride. Hopefully the ATF will be as eager to deal with this issue as they seem to be with law abiding gun owners lately.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Soon the delivery companies will all cave to the wokeness and not ship anything associated with 2A . They will probably be compensated by big gubment through easing of road use tax and loosened emission standards. Maybe even given new electric delivery vehicles for “free”. Death by 1000 cuts and the delivery industry is just one slash in the attack.
    I’m starting to believe this is kind of where we are heading.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I believe this is not a super common phenomenon considering the volume of guns and ammo shipped. That said track your packages: I track everything of value especially guns, if something goes missing, I am on it. Always pay for tracking if it's not included on a return or warranty. Paper trail. Aside from other numerous laws these people break they are looking at a hell of a long mandatory minimum sentence for stealing guns and ammo. I hope folks realize it's not worth it for a few hundred dollars worth of loot.

Xeon64

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 26, 2021
    Prairieville, LA
    This sound very similar to a AR 15 that I ordered. Fedex said it was out for delivery. FFL dealer never go it. Then it was declared as missing. I suspect there are a lot of gun theives working for Fedex in the South Louisana area.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    So I’ve been expecting a FNX 9 to come back from FN for warrant work and tracking said it was due yesterday. I know my UPS driver well enough to know he will arrive between 3:30 and 6pm, his job is a hot one, and he likes lemon flavored teas and or bottled water. I was out working in the yard when he stopped and I met him halfway up the drive with a cold tea out the ice chest. I know he’s not the only person that handles my packages, but he’s the one I can meet, get to know and appreciate. So far, a little kindness has gone a long way.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    I sent a Ruger for total Redo they sent me a label. Said make sure the box was plain.
    Same with the Colt I sent for custom work and a S&W plain box no problem.
    All the Gunbroker I have bought were sent in boxes that did not look like it could be a handgun

Fordfella

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2018
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Top Bottom