Feds Stop Processing NICS Denial Appeals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RM Holsters

Aware
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    This will push those who do not have the means, patience or fortitude to buy from individuals for now. What happens when the denials increase for what ever reason and BHO decides it is illegal to purchase from anyone who is not an FFL?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    This will push those who do not have the means, patience or fortitude to buy from individuals for now. What happens when the denials increase for what ever reason and BHO decides it is illegal to purchase from anyone who is not an FFL?

He will sign more orders then tell the Supreme Court to uphold his illegal actions. It's worked every time.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    These NICS checks are a waste of money. They do nothing to prevent crimes. Many people have been denied due to identity theft. It takes 6 to 12 months to clear your name.
    We need to just get rid of the stupid Brady Law and provide funding for extra patrols to conduct aggressive stop and frisks to catch felons with guns. Stop and frisk works. Background checks do not.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    These NICS checks are a waste of money. They do nothing to prevent crimes. Many people have been denied due to identity theft. It takes 6 to 12 months to clear your name.
    We need to just get rid of the stupid Brady Law and provide funding for extra patrols to conduct aggressive stop and frisks to catch felons with guns. Stop and frisk works. Background checks do not.

Stop and frisk??? Stop and frisk anyone because someone doesn't like the way you look? Or where they live? Do you mind being stopped and frisked for no reason what so ever? Please explain.

Vas te faire encule Isis. Nous sommes Unis

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Since I'm not white, can I pull the race card if a cop frisks me "randomly"?

Jk, I wouldn't care Bc I don't have anything to hide. But I know if it were a policy, the race card would be pulled more often than not. That's what happened in New York

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    +1

I'd like to see this response.

Yeah my police state radar is going off. I mean today a thug is easy to spot with his saggy pants and his crooked had with a flat bill but tomorrow they may decide to wear nice slacks a polo and a columbia jacket. Doubtful but if they did then five days a week I would have higher potential of being warrantlessly searched. This could cause me to be tardey to work or something. :dunno: And if you decide to do them "randomly" without "profiling" get some tips from TSA because they do a stupendous job. Right? :dogkeke:

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Since I'm not white, can I pull the race card if a cop frisks me "randomly"?

Jk, I wouldn't care Bc I don't have anything to hide. But I know if it were a policy, the race card would be pulled more often than not. That's what happened in New York

Yeah you could it shouldnt matter, but likely no one will tell you no. Or you could play the 4th Ammendment card. That one is supposed to play like pocket aces, but you know how that works.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I'm fine with it, they can also no knock me and kill my dogs any time they want! As long as it's for for my safety ;-)

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I'm fine with it, they can also no knock me and kill my dogs any time they want! As long as it's for for my safety ;-)

It's all done to keep the children safe. I say confiscate bikes, skateboards, swimming pools, hard candy, baby cribs, pillows, trampolines, bar stools, and window blind strings. Of course there is at least 100 other items that are killing children every year but.....

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    It's all done to keep the children safe. I say confiscate bikes, skateboards, swimming pools, hard candy, baby cribs, pillows, trampolines, bar stools, and window blind strings. Of course there is at least 100 other items that are killing children every year but.....

Just confiscate those stupid two wheel "hoverboards" and I'll be happy.

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by

Just confiscate those stupid two wheel "hoverboards" and I'll be happy.

I think we sound like grumpy old men again. :biglaugh:

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Stop and frisk??? Stop and frisk anyone because someone doesn't like the way you look? Or where they live? Do you mind being stopped and frisked for no reason what so ever? Please explain.

In urban areas whee there are a lot of armed robberies, individuals who appear to be casing an area can be stopped by LE and checked for weapons. This has been done in the New Orleans area for decades. Is this really the first you have heard of it? Yes, I was stopped as a teenager and nothing happened because I was not carrying any weapons and my family taught me to comply with LE.
    Violent felons do not submit to background checks at gun shops. The only way to stop them from getting guns is to catch them in the act of 95G and put them in jail. That is what work in real life. Background checks do not work.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Female domestic violence victims do not need to get a voice mail message that they can come pick up their gun AFTER they are murdered. This has happened nationwide. Background check kill people.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    Is this really the first you have heard of it?

Of course it's not the first time I've heard of this. Does that make it right; HELL NO in my opinion. Is it a violation of someone's rights? Absolutely. ....Just my opinion.....

Whitebread

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 3, 2015
    near by
    Female domestic violence victims do not need to get a voice mail message that they can come pick up their gun AFTER they are murdered. This has happened nationwide. Background check kill people.

I can agree with this but I cna also walk and chew gum.

So probable cause in your previous post is proximity and oppertunity? I mean I could be in have on a Saints jersey and be in the Superdome and not be a football player. Getting out in the neighborhoods and being visable and available, thats how you stop something before it starts. Building relationships with the good folks and making sure the bad know you are there goes much further that search and siezure based on proximity.

Now the friendly neighborhood officer has the right to walk up to someone to chat them up and if the guy is up to no good and its evident then you just established PC. If thats what you call stop and frisk I'm all for it, but I'm thinking thats not how it usually works.

Please dont get me wrong. I couldn't be a cop. You get blamed for the crime and catch flack when you try to stop it. We should be greatful someone is still willing to do the job.

Top Bottom