FEELER: looking for a .45 lever-action

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • idkmybffjill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    Anyone have a lever-action in .45 colt they're looking to get rid of? I'm looking for something for CAS. I've got a Walther PPS in 9mm for possible trade. At this point I just want to see what's out there.

In the Baton Rouge area.

Last edited:

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Doesn't seem like there's much out there. Final bump.

I think there're plenty out there but their owners are too fond of 'em to let go of 'em. I have a sweet little Rossi '92 carbine, blued finish, round barrel, pre-safety model, slicked up by (I think) Nate Kiowa Jones. Bought it second hand from a fellow SASS member several years ago and used black powder loads through her exclusively. I'd have to be in dire straits to ever let that li'l shooter go. Don't despair pard, you'll come across one. Might try going to this weekend's gun show at the Lamar-Dixon Center in Gonzales. The little Rossi's aren't terribly scarce.

Sanford Dooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    I have a Marlin 1894 .45LC in the Cowboy Competition model (from the factory with an action job). LNIB, pretty wood. Will sell for $750 cash. No trades. If interested, call me at 225-281-9374.

Sanford Dooley

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The poor guy who normally posts pictures for me is out of town. You and I would both probably die of old age before I figured out how to do it myself, but if you are interested, I can meet you somewhere in the Baton Rouge area and show you the rifle. If that works, give me a call at 225-281-9374.

idkmybffjill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2011
    Shreveport
    Thanks, Sanford, but I think that's going to be a little out of my price range. Good-looking gun from what I've seen in the internet, but I just can't justify it right now. Maybe for Xmas.

Cleburne

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    May 31, 2008
    Thibodaux
    Marlin's are a good choice too. I have one in .357 magnum with a 24" (?) octagon barrel. It's been a great shooter. You should be able to find a nice used Marlin carbine in .45 Colt for around $450.00 - $500.00. Keep checking here and the Louisiana Sportsman classifieds online. Be wary of new production ones though, I've read that they've had quality issues since Marlin was bought by Remington. I think the factory has been relocated and staffed with new employees that aren't well versed in lever gun production. Best of luck to ya.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom