Ferguson Grand Jury decison reached

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I keep hearing the police say individuals carrying gas cans. Need a sniper to shoot the gas can!

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    It's amazing the totally different point of views between here, and my instagram. I tend to side more with the like minded people on bayoushooter. But my instagram is blowing up with, Racism, cops taking innocent young black lives, blacks have it harder, F the police, American's don't feel like black lives matter etc.....

Crazy, Take race out the equation, GUY robs old lady. Police officer responds to call, finding guy fitting the description. Stops guy, altercation ensues. Fight over weapon. Bad guy is put down...... I don't see a problem.

That's how my Facebook newsfeed is right now. I get that they have the right to speak their minds, but a lot of these people won't be my friends come sunrise.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    It's amazing the totally different point of views between here, and my instagram. I tend to side more with the like minded people on bayoushooter. But my instagram is blowing up with, Racism, cops taking innocent young black lives, blacks have it harder, F the police, American's don't feel like black lives matter etc.....

Crazy, Take race out the equation, GUY robs old lady. Police officer responds to call, finding guy fitting the description. Stops guy, altercation ensues. Fight over weapon. Bad guy is put down...... I don't see a problem.
    You see, logically, this makes sense. These people haven't had logic instilled in them for the past 30 years.....

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    Well, since someone decided to make this an us againt them argument, I'll say this and leave everyone alone the rest of the evening:

All of us that carry firearms (police and non-police) could find ourselves in a situation just like this. One day the crowd may be chanting my name, or your name, or the name of any one of your relatives or friends.

Think about.

It could be any one of us.

JR1572

Good point! That is why there are officers who ignore 107 calls and just mark them NAT.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    has the the guard stepped in yet? protesters may not act out with the military involved. it will be a wake up call for the protesters.
    shepard of fox news said others are rioting/protesting in other cities around u.s.

I do not understand why the Guard were not deployed in advance to stand guard at places of business. Louisiana National Guard was deployed to guard a variety of stores before the last hurricane in New Orleans.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    I do not understand why the Guard were not deployed in advance to stand guard at places of business. Louisiana National Guard was deployed to guard a variety of stores before the last hurricane in New Orleans.

Because the LEO's. National Guard, etc. were given strict orders not to use any lethal force because it would escalate the tensions that our POTUS, Holder and all the others already took to a boiling point. The easy out is to report the activities and let it burn. If we proceed with this same logic, other cities can face the same wrath. It sure is a sad state of affairs we are in. Then these POS thugs will cry that their city is ruined and it will be built back 10x better than it was.......without a HomeDepot, O'Riely Auto Parts, Toys-R-Us, and all the other chain retailers that were looted and burned.

Vsotok10

Mad Scientist
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 2, 2010
    CENLA
    Because the LEO's. National Guard, etc. were given strict orders not to use any lethal force because it would escalate the tensions that our POTUS, Holder and all the others already took to a boiling point. The easy out is to report the activities and let it burn. If we proceed with this same logic, other cities can face the same wrath. It sure is a sad state of affairs we are in. Then these POS thugs will cry that their city is ruined and it will be built back 10x better than it was.......without a HomeDepot, O'Riely Auto Parts, Toys-R-Us, and all the other chain retailers that were looted and burned.

Chances are, you won't see much looting in Texas. The Texas Penal Code is pretty clear - you are 100% OK to kill looters after dark. I wouldn't expect the big box stores to fight back because they have liability concerns and insurance to cover losses, but mom and pop shops would be stacking the bodies high.

Request Dust Off

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 11, 2007
    Westbank N.O.
    Chances are, you won't see much looting in Texas. The Texas Penal Code is pretty clear - you are 100% OK to kill looters after dark. I wouldn't expect the big box stores to fight back because they have liability concerns and insurance to cover losses, but mom and pop shops would be stacking the bodies high.

'you are 100% OK to kill looters after dark.'
    I think this needs to be changed immediately to remove the after dark clause. I say 24-7 regardless of weather or lighting conditions.

The amount of media kissing the criminals behinds is unprecedented. The terminology used and general attitude is disgusting.

I think all the LEO in the U.S. should go on strike for 3 days minimum and perhaps a little longer and then many would get why we need law and order.

FD807

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    Geismar La.
    The thing that will be the funniest about all this mess is once it calms down that whole place will be rebuilt using tax dollars and the big box stores will be offered incentives to rebuild there.

Peacemaker

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2012
    Slidell, La
    Well, since someone decided to make this an us againt them argument, I'll say this and leave everyone alone the rest of the evening:

All of us that carry firearms (police and non-police) could find ourselves in a situation just like this. One day the crowd may be chanting my name, or your name, or the name of any one of your relatives or friends.

Think about.

It could be any one of us.

JR1572
    I rarely agree with much that you post but I do agree with you here.
    yes it could easily happen to anyone and I have given that some thought as well.
    I'm glad the citizens on that grand jury found the courage to follow the evidence regardless of the potential uprising.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Hindsight is 20/20- but I'm thinking waiting to make the announcement just when most of the criminals were getting out of bed was a bad idea.

Anyway, Obama got his wish- they "stayed the course" that anyone over the age of 4 knew they would. Good job, yet again, Hussein. :rolleyes:

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    Hindsight is 20/20- but I'm thinking waiting to make the announcement just when most of the criminals were getting out of bed was a bad idea.

Couldn't agree more, not only that but I thought they should have set a later time and then randomly announced it 8 hours earlier. Although it is not like the terrorism was a response of rage, they just wanted to destroy **** so it probably wouldn't have made any difference.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This is ridiculous. They were probably going to do this regardless of the outcome

Absolutely!

And those idiots that would argue for an indictment despite the GJ's findings are a serious threat to this country. Not just because they advocate lawless justice in the face of facts and a well established judicial process, but because they are also stupid.

Existing in life as a clueless idiot with a penchant for violence as a means of reasoning is a dead end road for these people. Yet, they are coddled and excused. To be whipped so easily into a mindless violent frenzy displays a serious mental deficiency. Just like being led by the nose on who to vote for by proxy. The dregs are dragging the good people down with them too.

When does it end? Let's see; over 76% of all blacks are now born to single unwed mostly undereducated women, and the birth rate of them has not abated despite continuously declining economic conditions for trying to raise additional children in the US. So what is it? What makes a person want to completely disregard the consequences of 10 minutes of sexual intercourse? Ignorance! And ignorance breeds ignorance.

But let's not talk about that! Let's keep pretending the system is rigged for these poor people, and keep blaming rich European white men from over 230 years ago.

BIGGREEN

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    After watching a couple of hours of news coverage I have come to a couple of conclusions. First off, NO MATTER WHAT and HOW the police reacted there was NO WAY that they were going to come across, through media outlets, as the good guys. Secondly, RACISM, itself, is so instilled and nurtured in the minority that it will NEVER go away. The media disgusts me. Everything from the young-looking pics of the perp and the CONSTANT mentioning of "The Unarmed Teen" to the suggestion that the officer should NOT have persued the bad guy! So much trashy news coverage shoved down the publics throat that that the water will never be clear.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    And I've never seen so many people trying to "justify" animalistic behavior- well, not since 1992, anyway.

Want to blame someone other than the dead thug? No problem; I'll start with his "parents"- who did such a $hitty job "raising" him that he grew into a POS criminal who died a POS criminal's death.

I resent being told this is just a typical American family who lost their precious son under tragic circumstances. I think the news media- and the authorities- have been far too accommodating.

And in the end- Did it make a difference? Not quite.

Top Bottom