FFL Holder List for Online Purchase with Pricing?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • No1UKnow

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    New Orleans, La
    Hey Y'all...

I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere, a list of LA state / Area FFL holders and their charge for receiving a firearm and performing the BG check. Does anyone l know where to find that? I already have the state list (0ver 1,900 entries), but it does not include pricing.

Thanks!

N1UK

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Hey Y'all...

I'm pretty sure I've seen somewhere, a list of LA state / Area FFL holders and their charge for receiving a firearm and performing the BG check. Does anyone l know where to find that? I already have the state list (0ver 1,900 entries), but it does not include pricing.

Thanks!

N1UK
    I'm not aware of any list that matches FFL holders to what they charge for a transfer.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Some few gun websites as your picking your ffl have a drop down with location and what they charge, but not all.. and not always accurate, as prices change all the time…

Just figure $15 in extreem low and rare side $20-25 a norm. and $30 on the high side
    I'd screenshot it and try to hold them to it.

hkump

Rating - 100%
    315   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Covington, LA
    Agree with Bigchillin83. $15-30 per firearm from my experience. $25 is what most places charge. Not bad at all. They've got to put in that information so it's worth it.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I guess they don't like making easy $ and possible return customers
    Right!!! That better come with a steak dinner!!! lol..

I got a buddy who does it out of his house.. we work shift work together… he charges $30.. but again we work shift work togeather so I have 24/7 access to him and his services…. Well worth the extra for that kinda service lol

John_

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 23, 2013
    Hammond, LA
    $25 to 30 is what I have been paying for the last 5 or so years. I send most all of my on line firearms purchases to Apocalypse Sports in Ponchy as they are good people and very easy to work with. Just don't smell like weed, or you get the boot. Sign on their door.

Pawn Depot in Hammond on N Morrison Ave is good too. $25 there last time.

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA

I got a buddy who does it out of his house.. we work shift work together… he charges $30.. but again we work shift work togeather so I have 24/7 access to him and his services…. Well worth the extra for that kinda service lol
    I was thinking about getting an FFL. I haven't looked into it much yet. It's probably expensive and I think you have to have a business. I might have that soon since I'm working on a gunsmithing cert but who knows.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I was thinking about getting an FFL. I haven't looked into it much yet. It's probably expensive and I think you have to have a business. I might have that soon since I'm working on a gunsmithing cert but who knows.
    I mess with my buddy all the time I receive and send a lot a few a month… I asked him for a punch card like at the snowball stand… like every 10th one get one feee, he laughed and declined lol, said he makes to much off of me to do that lol…

I remember him saying somthing about only so much of your transferees a % can be for personal, so you can’t get it to primarily transfer to your self.. so I don’t want one lol

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana

That's strange, usually the kitchen table FFL's are the lowest prices on them. But the costs you quoted above are accurate.

If the cost is generally $25 bucks and someone is charging $15 for it, there is a reason. I have no desire to engage the ATF because a kitchen table dealer screwed up the 4473 or improperly transferred it...I'll pay $25.

AdvancedLaser

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 15, 2021
    Covington, Louisiana
    I mess with my buddy all the time I receive and send a lot a few a month… I asked him for a punch card like at the snowball stand… like every 10th one get one feee, he laughed and declined lol…

I remember him saying somthing about only so much of your transferees a % can be for personal, so you can’t get it to primarily transfer to your self.. so I don’t want one lol
    I dont think there is a defined percentage, but on the FFL Application form they have a block with s check mark asking "are you applying for this license to enhance your personal collection" or something close to it.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    I dont think there is a defined percentage, but on the FFL Application form they have a block with s check mark asking "are you applying for this license to enhance your personal collection" or something close to it.
    Right I know he asked an atf agent who was doing and audit and said they check and they can only have so many to there self… but who knows… that’s just word around the campfire talk lol

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Some few gun websites as your picking your ffl have a drop down with location and what they charge, but not all.. and not always accurate, as prices change all the time…

Just figure $15 in extreem low and rare side $20-25 a norm. and $30 on the high side
    Jefferson Gun is $45 plus sales tax (9.75% or so) might as well calling 50 as ya get not much back from 50 bucks

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TonyGuillory
    Top Bottom