ffs help me find a holster

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'm carrying concealed in business attire and it's mf impossible. I've tried the ankle route and it's okay, but with the g26 I find that it flops around uncomfortably (im equal parts on the move vs at desk). Most of the "tuckable" holsters are great in theory, but are complete garbo with it comes to polo or dress shirts. On the days where I can get away with an untucked polo and jeans my RM Low Rider is perfect. Now I need something to tuck that doesn't look like I'm concealing a football. I know the obvious answer might be G43 or shield, but I really want to keep my huge magazines around if possible - its one of my favorite feature of my edc setup. moar bullets and all.

I've been told crossbreed is the best thing since sliced bread. Can anyone vouch? I also have yet to buy an AIWB dedicated holster, has anyone tried AIWB vs hip in terms of business-casual attire? I'm not a fan of off-body carry, I'm too mobile for that to be reliable. I've tried in the past and was separated from firearm for significant amounts of time.

For what its worth, the Desanti Sof-Tuk (which I liked for larger guns once upon a time) absolutely sucks for the g26. While it technically works, it looks like I'm concealing a football instead of a gun. It just doesn't accommodate the "tucking" part well enough to be an option. If anything, it draws attention to the awkwardly wadded pile of shirt stuffed into that area.

bayoushooter halp me

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    Glock 19 in a Raven Concealment Eidolon.

With that holster, you can conceal a G19 easier than a Sub-Compact in a regular holster, and you can change the IWB clips for soft loops and slide it to 3 o'clock.

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    Glock 19 in a Raven Concealment Eidolon.

With that holster, you can conceal a G19 easier than a Sub-Compact in a regular holster, and you can change the IWB clips for soft loops and slide it to 3 o'clock.

g19 vs a button down dress shirt? I can barely make the 26 work. Normally I couldnt care less about who sees me print, but its the time of year where I'm traveling with a group to negotiate service contracts so it brings me to communist states and companies where I'd rather be pretty discreet.

You're carrying AIWB in the Raven Dave? That seems to be the consensus amongst their reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

Bunny Boy! Here is the latest episode from the Concealed Carry University. It just so happens it was about business attire.

http://concealedcarryuniversity.org/podcast/episode-31-carrying-concealed-in-formal-business-attire/

damnit emp I was hoping you'd show up. I'll take a look when I get to the office.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    g19 vs a button down dress shirt? I can barely make the 26 work. Normally I couldnt care less about who sees me print, but its the time of year where I'm traveling with a group to negotiate service contracts so it brings me to communist states and companies where I'd rather be pretty discreet.

damnit emp I was hoping you'd show up. I'll take a look when I get to the office.

Of course you did! ;)

I kind of feel the same way about printing too!

DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    You're carrying AIWB in the Raven Dave? That seems to be the consensus amongst their reviews.

Not currently, but I will be when I get my hands on one. The "claw" makes all the difference in the world. It pushes the grip closer to your body, by putting pressure against your belt to twist the holster.

I would have ordered one by now, but I took a stupid bet with a friend. He says I buy too much stuff, so I'm barred from buying anything "gear" related till July or I lose the bet :D

madwabbit

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Lafayette, LA
    I'd really like to hear about someone carrying AIWB in business-casual minus a sport coat. I could sling my AR all day at the office, but when we travel I'd have some splainin to do if I got made. Could even cost us a deal or contract if we pissed off our host, etc.

For ultra deep conceal I still wear the p3at, but I would never want to get in a fight with it. I'd almost prefer my knife tbh.

Crimson

Hk convert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    Monroe, La
    I like the raven vanguard 2 it's as minimalist as you can get. I can conceal a 17 comfortably with it but I am a bigger guy. Never tried it with a button down dress shirt but have with a tucked polo.

kingfhb

NRA & USCCA INST. w/ LSP#
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 28, 2014
    New Orleans, LA
    The Galco Supertuck is great... blends well, no printing, adjustable cant... the Crossbreed is nearly the same exact design. The new Supertuck Deluxe is very nice as well. With enough wear, they form to your waistline perfectly.

Have you looked into the DeSantis SoftTuck for the 26? Gould and Goodrich has a nice one for the G26 as well... great appendix carry models... they are more "minimal" however, the hybrid tuckable holsters like mentioned above are much more superior and perform the job better in my opinion.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    I have a crossbreed I carried a 21sf and 30sf in . I would recommend it to anyone. Although lately I've been carrying in kydex tuckable holsters with the G17 and G43.

Pas Tout La

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 12, 2012
    Droite La
    My biggest issue with the crossbreed is the real estate it takes up on my belt. Albeit, I wear my phone on a clip attached to my belt because my pockets are usually filled with other necessities. I've tried concealing my M&P9 at work with it (dress slacks and button down) and I found it to be awkward. I'm searching for that perfect "work wear" as well. Right now I'm swinging towards my Bodyguard in an ankle holster, but I'd prefer to carry something a little bigger. A Shield would be the smallest I would feel comfortable carrying. I'm subscribed to this thread as we'll for recommendations.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    I carry my 19 everyday in an Off The Grid appendix. Very minimal and tuckable. I usually wear untucked dress shirts, but have tucked them in just to see how it works and it conceals fine. A G26 would be even easier. Only thing that shows is one small barely noticeable belt clip.

rdm227

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2012
    Prairieville
    For a g26?
    Unfortunately no, it's for a 19/23 but may still give you an idea of fit and comfort level. I know you need the actual weapon to determine printing and such but just trying to help.

I love mine but it's not an easy on and off process. I switch up from wearing the Crossbreed, RM Lowder or one from a company on Instagram called Alex and Ryan Design.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I carry my 19 everyday in an Off The Grid appendix. Very minimal and tuckable. I usually wear untucked dress shirts, but have tucked them in just to see how it works and it conceals fine. A G26 would be even easier. Only thing that shows is one small barely noticeable belt clip.

Some that wear AIWB say a G19 with a longer slide and holster works better than the G26 with a shorter slide and holster.

Top Bottom