Finally got my XDs back together after installing trigger kit.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    Well I thought it was going to be a quick install and I'd be done. I ordered 2 Powder River Precision trigger kits, one for my XDs 9mm and the other for my XDM 40. I decided to do the XDs first, I looked at the installation instructions via youtube and was confident that I could get it done in a few minutes. Well that didn't work out so well, while disassembling the gun I lost the disconnector spring, it flew somewhere in the shop, no problem right because the kit came with a new one. Well in the process of installing the new spring, it too took off flying in the shop. I spent about an hour looking for it, moving stuff and using a magnetic pickup but to no avail. I called PRP and they sent me 2 new springs in the mail for free and I got them in a couple of days. Today I got it put back together with no problem but did drop the pins several times and luckily right at my feet. The hardest part was getting the post recall grip safety spring in place and locked for reinstallation. Happy to say the gun is back in service and working great. Trigger pull was 8.5 lbs before, and now its 5.3 lbs. It is my primary carry gun so didn't do the 3.5 competition type trigger pull like I plan to do on my XDM. Hope the XDM install is uneventful.

Slapp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    Jacksonville, FL
    I performed the same operation on my xd40 comp pistol what started out as 20 minute job end up taking about two hours as one of the srings sprung. I heard it hit the wall after that it was gone. Searched and searched (cleaning as I went). Finally gave up and went to take shower and found the spring in the cuff of my pants. After that it only took about 15 or so minutes to get it done. Great improvement but next time I do it in a box.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    Large clear freezer bags can be your friend! Every time I fully strip a 1911, the damn safety detent spring flies somewhere, I ordered a few from Brownell's until I saw where you can kink them near the middle of the spring and they tend to stay in place.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom