Finally had it with the GOP...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bullwinkle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2013
    I think these guys USE TO BE best friends. They'd give speeches against the other party and it's position, then meet over beers and come to a compromise. Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neal were famous for this. But now I think they hate each other and don't meet on the side to work out things. That's why this Congress has passed less bills than any other. There's no middle ground, no compromise. The system really is broke.

I can understand your frustration, but the system isn't really broken, its CORRUPT !!!!!!!!!!!
    If it isn't working like it should, it's because they are not following the Constitution.

For Conservatives:
    Middle Ground is RIDING A FENCE
    Compromise is CAPITULATION

And it seems as though the Liberals are always pulling Conservatives to the "Middle Ground"
    And the Conservatives always have to "Compromise"

We can clearly see that the Middle Ground is far from the Constitution
    and I for one have never been willing to compromise with proven LIARS.

When it comes to legislation these days, the politicians always say that they went to the middle ground or had to compromise and the famous quote
    "we couldn't get EVERYTHING thing we wanted, but.............."
    When they say that ...............you KNOW that law is gonna SUCK !!!!!!!!!! and is probably outside of the Constitution.

Last edited:

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    I was like that,... Louisiana does not have an independent "party" ,when you register as an independent it means you affiliate with no party. I went libertarian because they share more of my values than any other party. And when you get down to it ,... at this point I am Libertarian to the edge of anarchy,...pass the ammo please,... I said please

blitztech

Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Houston
    I'm a libertarian registered as a republican for primaries as well. I think after reading this I may just go switch it. I'm really sick of both parties as well. Republicans want to take away our rights just as much as the Dems.

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I left the republican party after the last presidential election. Come on, they can't find someone better than Juan McCain or Mittens Romney to run...

SVT

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    Slidell
    I switched from independent to republican last presidential election cycle to vote...then switched back to independent.

tupperware9mm

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Lafayette, LA
    Republicans want to take away our rights just as much as the Dems.

Don't look at it like Democrat/Republican,... it is really progressive (big government) and constitutionalists (small government as it was originally written).

If you think in those terms you will see that John McClain is not that far from Obama,... the only difference is the speed at which he wants to change things.

ChrisK

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Natchez, MS
    I also gave up on the GOP. I'm a libertarian/independent now. I use to vote for the better of two evils. No more. I will cast my vote for the one who will not take away my rights, and hopefully restore the republic. The only Repubs I will vote for are Paul, Cruz, and maybe Growdy. The rest can shove it.

Reactions: Wah
    Top Bottom