Fire on Lake Pontchartrain

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Yep, Monday a big ole area of marsh burned. Had traffic backed up through Kenner. Sadly, there were multiple eagle’s nests right in the burn range. No doubt the eagles survived, I just wonder if they’ll return like they used to every year now.

Last edited:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    If any law enforcement associations want to get to the bottom of that fire, go out there this weekend and stake it out. The first guys that start rabbit hunting around there, most likely started that fire. ;) No such thing as "accidental" marsh fire unless it started by a cigarette from a road or bridge. I saw that fire on the news, the wind was from the north that day. It was burning towards the bridge.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    If any law enforcement associations want to get to the bottom of that fire, go out there this weekend and stake it out. The first guys that start rabbit hunting around there, most likely started that fire. ;) No such thing as "accidental" marsh fire unless it started by a cigarette from a road or bridge. I saw that fire on the news, the wind was from the north that day. It was burning towards the bridge.
    Oh dang. My friends and I were going to go hunt that area this weekend…. Guess I’ll hold off for now.

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Yep, Monday a big ole area of marsh burned. Had traffic backed up through Kenner. Sadly, there were multiple eagle’s nests right in the burn range. No doubt the eagles survived, I just wonder if they’ll return like they used to every year now.
    The eagles are really scavengers and will return, if nothing else out of the abundance of trash that pulls in small rodents and the roadkills in the area.. They prefer to steal and eat roadkill than to actually hunt.. They are a dumb bird ..

BlueShamu

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 21, 2015
    D'town
    There should be mandatory marsh burning every year. Best thing that could happen to the marsh is to burn all the dead grass and allow new growth, each year. No different than trimming back your ornamental grasses each year to allow them to grow back healthier with a thriving root system.

Top Bottom