Firearm-Free Zone; LA RS 14:95.6

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    This response confirms what I thought. The parish doesn't have this map. If they did, the Clerk's office should have just responded to me with instructions on how to get a copy.

It would seem to follow then that the gun free zones in St Tammany Parish are not enforceable. The same is probably true in most other places.

nolaradio

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 8, 2012
    Parts unknown
    It would seem to follow then that the gun free zones in St Tammany Parish are not enforceable. The same is probably true in most other places.
    I'd rather not be the test subject on that.

Sent from the Bayou Bunker Command Center, Portable Unit #33, FEMA Region 6.

Last edited:

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    I'm making it my personal mission this year to get St. Tammany Parish to create, and make available to the public, this map that the law calls for.

Two emails to the Clerk of Courts office, spaced a week apart, resulted in this reply today:

"Thank you for your inquiry. I have been in touch with the St. Tammany Parish Government for a response. As per statute, it is the responsibility of the local governing authority to publish the map, and make it an official public document by filing it with the Clerk of Court for the parish where the firearm-free zone is located. Once I receive a response from the Parish Government office, I will forward the information on to you."

This response confirms what I thought. The parish doesn't have this map. If they did, the Clerk's office should have just responded to me with instructions on how to get a copy.

So what's your next step?

jlee

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 29, 2016
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It would be nice to have the coordinates of the polygon boundaries around each zone. Then you would be able to add it to Google Maps and calculate the total area for *firearm free zones.* Then you could go a step further and input the boundaries of the parish and show the *freedom space.*

STPHomie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2015
    Madisonville
    It would be nice to have the coordinates of the polygon boundaries around each zone. Then you would be able to add it to Google Maps and calculate the total area for *firearm free zones.* Then you could go a step further and input the boundaries of the parish and show the *freedom space.*

free-speech-zone.jpg

Top Bottom