First time glock has let me down.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    That's a rare one alright. Even so, I replace the recoil (and other springs, especially trigger return) assembly on all my carry guns every 1000 rounds. Cheap insurance.

Robhic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Destrehan, LA
    That's a rare one alright. Even so, I replace the recoil (and other springs, especially trigger return) assembly on all my carry guns every 1000 rounds. Cheap insurance.

Carry gun or not, you really replace the springs after only 1000? Safety first but I'd figure at least more than 1000 before a pre-emptive replacement.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Carry gun or not, you really replace the springs after only 1000? Safety first but I'd figure at least more than 1000 before a pre-emptive replacement.

Yep. I don't shoot nearly as much as I used to, so we're not talking about weekly here. Maybe it comes from a past of owning guns with "issues", but I just think the parts are too cheap not to replace. I also change my oil every 3000 miles with synthetic. The only thing I'm out of is a few bucks a year, not bad for peace of mind.

What do you do with the used ones? :naughty:

I actually have a couple low-mileage M&P ones recoil assemblies IIRC. I'll see if I can dig them up.

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Brought it to the local glock dealer, and they said they will take care of it. Theydidnt have any in stock, so one was ordered. They said they will be contacting glock.

Sin-ster

GM of 4 Letter Outbursts
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Brought it to the local glock dealer, and they said they will take care of it. Theydidnt have any in stock, so one was ordered. They said they will be contacting glock.

:hi5:

You know, I'm not sure if it works with Glock, but I've tried with a couple of other manufacturers...

If you "express your concern" judiciously and eloquently, then ask for a spare or two in case it happens again... they sometimes oblige.

I actually got Cabella's to eat $20 on an item they had backordered for me by replacing it with several smaller quantity versions of the same thing (that bore a huge mark-up). Never know unless you ask...

alpinehyperlite

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks, but I had a spare one. When my g26 got stolen, NOPD recovered it and dropped it on the concrete on scene and cracked the plastic tip on the factory one, so i ordered 2 to have one as spare.

Top Bottom