FL Concealed permit ?'s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    Would a basic handgun safety and self defense course from my local gunshop (Gretna Gun) suffice for the FL training requirement? I never did a hunters safety course. Also can you only carry one weapon, or whatever handgun you want with that permit? I heard with the concealed weapon course you had to use the gun you took the class with. Sorry for all the ?'s, just trying to get informed. I already ordered my app from FL. :)

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    Well I did some online research and handgun safety course will suffice as long as the instructor is state certified. :D

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    I posted that above, I never took the hunter course. I was just looking for something else that would do. :) I guess it would be cheaper to just do the hunter safety class. The handgun safety one is $100. :o

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    There is a way you can actually do the hunters safety course online where you only have to go to the range to shoot. If you have a DD-214 that will suffice also.

Eagle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2007
    Would a basic handgun safety and self defense course from my local gunshop (Gretna Gun) suffice for the FL training requirement? I never did a hunters safety course. Also can you only carry one weapon, or whatever handgun you want with that permit?
    You can carry any handgun with the Florida permit.

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    Update: I took my ccw class and sent the paperwork in for the LA permit. They got the packet today in the mail according to usps tracking. We'll see how long they take. ;)

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    Well I got my LA CCW permit in the mail today. It took a little over a month. I'm currently packing my Glock 32C, but I need to get a better holster. :D

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Update: I took my ccw class and sent the paperwork in for the LA permit. They got the packet today in the mail according to usps tracking. We'll see how long they take. ;)

It's good that you took the class. I presume, from taking the class, that you have learned some stuff that you didn't know about concealed carry and the legal aspects of the use of deadly force.

People who look for shortcuts (like hunter safety or their DD214) are usually short-changing themselves. What's a $100 if it helps to keep you out of jail and out of the morgue?

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    So for a LA permit, i can only carry the gun i took the course with? Or i can carry any gun? Where can i take a hunters safety course if i want to get a FL one?

Dredd

Punisher
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Jun 16, 2007
    Folsom, LA
    You can carry whatever handgun you want. It doesn't have a restriction. They used to do the hunter safety in Belle Chasse, but I have no idea where it's held now.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gordoloco
    Top Bottom