FL Concealed permit ?'s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    Well I got my LA CCW permit in the mail today. It took a little over a month. I'm currently packing my Glock 32C, but I need to get a better holster. :D

I hope that isn't the holster that I gave you with the 32C that you are trying to conceal.... I like my Comp-Tac CTAC much better than that leather Bianchi.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    for those applying for a Florida permit to skirt around getting a Louisiana permit:

you are undermining our right to carry laws, your lack of support hurts us. Get your in state permit, it covers the same states as Florida does and it gives more accurate statistics for Louisiana to continue to justify and stand by our concealed carry laws.

You ask, "what's the difference?" - what about the current legislation going through, when it gets argued on the floor the pros are going to have that many less law abiding gun carrying citizens to show that we are a responsible group. (lets say we have 10 people with in state licenses, but 1,000 carrying on other state's licenses - do you think 10 people carrying is going to prove that this is a large enough group to be supported?).

When I first got my La. license I also applied for and received a Fl. license b/c at the time La. wasn't accepted in too many states. Now that the situation has changed I will let me Fl. permit expire.

Anyone trying to go the "cheapest route" - that's like buying a Hi Point and aluminum cased shells..... and reloading them hot - if you think you know everything you need to know you are wrong, take the concealed carry course, I promise you will learn some things you didn't know. If the things you learn keep you out of jail it's well worth the tuition costs and time spent.

Glock27

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Hey Red, mine only took like 3 weeks. If i am not mistaken, you can send a copy of your La permit, and i think it is 117$, to Fl and they will issue a permit. I think the only big difference is that Fl covers more states correct?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Hey Red, mine only took like 3 weeks. If i am not mistaken, you can send a copy of your La permit, and i think it is 117$, to Fl and they will issue a permit. I think the only big difference is that Fl covers more states correct?
    that used to be correct. the misnomer is in that 3 of the states that accept florida's permit dont accept their non-resident permits.

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    from what I see (may not be up to date, but from state websites):
    w/ Fl. and no La., as a La resident:
    Lose:
    Minnessota, S. Carolina, Washington
    plus lose: (Fl. Non-resident is no good for)
    Colorado, Kansas, Michigan, W. Virginia, New Hampshire
    however you would gain over La. license: (who have not responded to request for recip.)
    Delaware, New Mexico, Ohio

so, in short La. is more beneficial because a lot of states don't honor non-resident permits.

Top Bottom