WTB: Flare Gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Pretty sure required to have one on the boat. Turns out signaling devices are a lot more expensive than I assumed so seeing if I can pick up a second hand one first. Let me know what you got.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Farmerville
    Your boat may not even need one, depending on size and location of use.

From: http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/boating/required-equipment-regulations

"VISUAL DISTRESS SIGNALS (VDS):

All recreational boats, when used on coastal waters and the territorial seas, up to a point where a body of water is less than two miles wide must be equipped with visual distress signals. Boats owned in the United States operating on the high seas must be equipped with visual distress signals. The following are excepted from the requirements for day signals and only need carry night signals when operating at night:
    - Recreational boats less than 16 feet in length.
    - Boats participating in organized events such as races, regattas, or marine parades.
    - Open sailboats less than 26 feet in length not equipped with propulsion machinery.
    - Manually propelled boats.

Pyrotechnic visual distress signals must be Coast Guard approved, in serviceable condition and stowed to be readily accessible. They are marked with a date showing the serviceable life and this date must not have passed. Launchers produced before January 1, 1981, intended for use with approved signals are not required to be Coast Guard approved."

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom