Flint Creek??

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    I saw a post on here a while back about camping at Flint Creek, So I put in for a cabin and got it starting Tuesday till Thursday.

Looking for any pointers before going to make the most of our trip. Going to be me and my wife with our 4 girls and one neighbors girl, ages from 6 - 14.

Is the water park nice? that seems to be the main thing the kids want to do. How about fishing, can We do it from the bank somewhere (just the kids).

What all should we bring to make the most of this.

Thanks for any advice on this, dont want to hear them talk about how bored they are,lol.
    We got cabin #32.

onelochevy

XD 45
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Slidell
    Flint creek is fun. We spent a week there in may. We tent camp though because we bring our dogs with us. You can pretty much fish from anywhere. Several beaches for swimming. Lots of roads and trails for bike riding if you all have bikes.

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Lots of interesting (nonpoisonous) snakes... racers, rats, kings, etc

swimming in the lake... they used to have a floating dive platform.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    I think you'd better start changing their expectations. They call it a water park only because it is a park and it has a body of water. I really don't think there are waterslides like say Blue Bayou. There's still plenty to do for a coupla days.

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    The water park is great! If you have a water front cabin (most are) you can fish right behind the cabins TONS of small perch. Bring bait ,though they will eat anything, bring wood if you have a truck. Each cabin has a spot for a campfire useable wood is few and far between. They told us there was a burn ban but that night everyone had a campfire same with swimming behind the cabins signs everywhere not to do it but no enforcement, seems to be more of a cover your rear thing. Bring your own bedding, everything sheets blankets pillows, there are things there but not really useable,...see nasty. I brought a DVD player the tv reception is spotty and no one has any tapes any more(they supply a vcr) I bring decent toilet paper that single ply stuf is useless. We bring utensiles plastic forks spoons knives and paper plates. There is a walmart 15 minutes away, makes a nice trip,...the beach is fun esecially during the week the weekends are kind of packed. Cabin 32 is one of the nicer ones, it took me 3 trips to find the Millenium cabins are by far the nicest. You will have a fun, I bring my own coffee pot also but I am a coffee freak.....

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    The water park is fine it is great for the kids, it is not a adult water park. The rides are so unintimadating the smaller kids can go by themselves plus there is no lines. 4 slides a twisty one, two speed ones side by side and a lazy river, they are fine all the kids I saw were having fun.....

253155_10150272812292345_533917344_8730649_2223445_n.jpg

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    i personally had a pretty bad experience the time i went which was about 2 months ago. the cabin was disgusting ie. urine all over the bathroom. roaches everywhere and a half eaten moldy cheese biscuit in the microwave. my aunts and uncles have had fun there in the past which is why we went but i def would not pay for it again. maybe if it were free.....

bring linen for everyone because they dont supply it. its just a bare mattress and i would obviously bring plates forks knives etc. dont let the park rangers know you have alcohol if you do, its not allowed according to the sheet i remember reading in our cabin (i could be mistaken though). water park wasnt open when i went but like someone else mentioned its not an adult water park. also if they're not too fond of jet skis there so if you bring one like we did you have literally a football field worth of the lake to play in.

hope your trip turns out better than ours!

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    It's Camping not the RITZ! However it depends on the people that had the cabin before you, the park service does not do a very good job sanitizing between campers, maybe none. We took it upon ourselves to clean up for a couple hours while we moved in. At a 115$ a night for a 3 bedroom waterfront cabin I don't mind having to clean it to my satisfaction first, but thats just me.

Trey@IG

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Northshore of Chocolate City
    It's Camping not the RITZ! However it depends on the people that had the cabin before you, the park service does not do a very good job sanitizing between campers, maybe none. We took it upon ourselves to clean up for a couple hours while we moved in. At a 115$ a night for a 3 bedroom waterfront cabin I don't mind having to clean it to my satisfaction first, but thats just me.

i agree but to a certain extent but, if were paying to stay someplace i expect it to be cleaned beforehand....i can go camping for free any time i want and expect to find bugs in the tent or w/e. we were especially pissed b/c my gf was trying to do something nice for me before i had to go to 29 palms for a few weeks for a training exercise, so that might just be our bias. plus for 115 a night i can stay in gulf shores on the beach, have the room immaculate and have a generally more enjoyable time. just my .02

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    Just and update,
    Kids had a blast and that was what I was looking for.
    Our cabin was pretty nice and clean.
    Yes, we will be going back.

sent from my apple eater, Atrix
    using tapatalk

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    We went to a cabin this past weekend also. http://www.littleriverbluffs.com/MC.htm
    Very different than Flint Creek. It was great. Much more like real camping. It was a 10 minute walk to the next cabin. The only other person we saw this weekend was the owner for about 10 minutes. We fished, listened to the owls and frogs, bbq'd, walked the trails. Very relaxing. A bit more expensive than flint creek but well worth it.
    Unfortunately with all the rain the fishing wasn't very good... next time!

Top Bottom