Fluoride filters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    Anyone know of any good water filters that filter out fluoride? I'd prefer a faucet or pitcher filter, and one that's relatively cheap.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    If you are on Lafayette Utilities water, they don't add F to it. The naturally occurring level is 0.2ppm

I dare say you do many things during your normal work day that are more risky that drinking water with that level of F.

It was a major contaminant of our raw material. We recovered it and sold it for water treating and other things.

I searched for filters and they cost upwards from $200.

Armed Mage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2013
    Lafayette
    If you are on Lafayette Utilities water, they don't add F to it. The naturally occurring level is 0.2ppm

I dare say you do many things during your normal work day that are more risky that drinking water with that level of F.

It was a major contaminant of our raw material. We recovered it and sold it for water treating and other things.

I searched for filters and they cost upwards from $200.

Ok that's good to know. Didn't want to have spend alot of money on a new filter system.

TomTerrific

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    Centre, Ky
    Ok that's good to know. Didn't want to have spend alot of money on a new filter system.

Public utilities are usually happy to let you know the content concentrations of their drinking water and it's usually available on the web. That's how I found it.

You might be able to get some useful help on filters, softeners, and the like from your County (I know, I know) Agent's office.

I do live in a county now but keep referring to it as parish to blank looks from my friends.

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    curious, why filter it out? Im on a well and my sons dentist put him on flouride pills.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis

Fluoride is not necessarily a bad thing in the right quantities but the margin between the correct amount and too much is too slim. Too slim to be in a public water supply for sure. It should be illegal, but yet it's mandated. Luckily they currently don't have the resources to regulate it and most of the public water suppliers simply refuse to do it.

If people knew more about the risk of fluoride and more specifically the fluoridation of public water supplies there would be more outrage. It's medicating the public without their knowledge or consent. The average person thinks their dentist wants them to have as much as possible so why not put it in the water.

Top Bottom