For all of you gamers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jro6803

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Lafayette
    http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mi...rson-shooter-into-a-true-first-person-shooter

The "Delta Six" aims (no pun intended) to recreate the entire FPS experience in one controller. It not only allow players to shoot enemies on the screen, but they can also move, reload and switch weapons without having to pick up another controller. It can also mimic the experience of using a real gun with a working reload clip and a detachable sniper scope. Players can even collapse and convert the weapon's barrel and stock to mimic different types of weapons such as a sub-machine gun or an assault rifle.

The gun uses an accelerometer to control movement and aiming in the game. It can also provide a kickback to make the experience more realistic and switch to a sniper-mode by responding to real movements such as putting pressure on a switch in the stock by putting your cheek on it as you prepare to look through the scope. You can even turn off its realism mode if you'd rather push a button to activate its various features

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    Ummm, this would get you killed so fast it ain't funny. I don't play too much these days, but use to play a lot. From experience, it doesn't get any easier or faster than using a remote which only requires you to use your hands. Not saying it wouldn't be "cool", but it would only be fun if you were to play with others who have one, otherwise its a huge disadvantage.

SGT_Kramer

Knuckle Buster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Ball
    Ummm, this would get you killed so fast it ain't funny. I don't play too much these days, but use to play a lot. From experience, it doesn't get any easier or faster than using a remote which only requires you to use your hands. Not saying it wouldn't be "cool", but it would only be fun if you were to play with others who have one, otherwise its a huge disadvantage.
    Yep been there and tried this. You will get owned all day by controllers. If it's the only thing allowed on the game then maybe.

Hitman

® ™
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    Lake Charles
    This would be cool for hard corps gamers looking for something different. I assume the game would not allow controllers to be used. Still some lan line action would be awesome to participate in.

Eitherway, a HACK will happen, and someone will be playing this game with a controller, own everyone and run up the leaderboard etc etc. Happens everytime with stuff like this.

GunRelated

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Walker, La
    The game shown being played is COD, if I am not mistaken. This is just a controller, not a game itself. Therefore, you would be jumping into a world full of players using regular controllers and get owned every time.

Bosco

We are the hammer
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Covington
    You'd need a projector and a pretty large screen for this to be worth it. Can't imagine it being fun staring at a 40" TV as that would kill the immersion the controller is supposed to bring. Still an interesting idea though but I've never been a fan of novelty controllers.

dfsutton

US Veteran
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Metairie, LA
    Lame. I'm looking through this rifle/controller and yet there is still a rifle on the screen? Stupid. It would need its own game developed around it to make it truly worthwhile.

Top Bottom