For Sale: 1.6 Acres in Mandeville

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Hard to find 1.62 acre lot in Mandeville, right off of 1088 just before I-12. They have begun construction of the I-12/Hwy 1088 offramp, and the area is about to BOOM. As much as I hate to get rid of it now, I just can't hang on to this land any longer because we are looking at purchasing another house and will need the money.

It is currently raw heavily wooded land, so it can be cleared to suit your need. Can also be subdivided, neighborhood minimum is 1/2 acre. Two really nice houses across the street, and one is a STPSO deputy. :D

It is now listed on the market for $55,000. Will go lower for BS'ers, just don't tell my agent I said that. ;)

3dy4fm0on2r30j2m4sjy.jpg

UPDATED SATELLITE PICS!
    You can now see the progress on the I-12/Hwy 1088 interchange. The huge cleared area on the east side of I-12 is a humongous neighborhood and retail center they are building.

maplelane2.jpg

maplelane1.jpg

Last edited:

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    We've given up our dream of building for a while, and we're selling our lot. Figured I'd see if anyone here was looking before we put it on the market and got realtors involved.

Hard to find 1.62 acre lot in Mandeville, right off of 1088 just before I-12. They are starting the on-ramp from 1088 to I-12 this year, and the area is about to BOOM. As much as I hate to get rid of it now, I just can't hang on to this land any longer because we are looking at purchasing another house and will need the money.

It is currently raw heavily wooded land, so it can be cleared to suit your need. Can also be subdivided, neighborhood minimum is 1/2 acre. Two really nice houses across the street, and one is a STPSO deputy. :D

Appraised at $58K about 6 months ago, we plan on listing at $52K.

If anyone is interested let me know soon before it hits the market! I can provide all the other details...

dude, I think I know exactly where that is, is that by the waffle house and church of the king?

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    yall talking about fish hatchery road?

Just looked at google earth. It was the second pond between Log Cabin Rd and Fish Hatchery. WOW! The last time I was there, that WHOLE area was clear cut. Not a single tree left standing, and now it's all grown back. Of course, it's been almost 20 years since I was last there. Even have some old photos of me doing burnouts by that powerline right of way before FH Rd.:D

I wish I was in the market, I'd scoop this deal right up!!!

Mr_Willson

rifleman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    mandeville
    Just looked at google earth. It was the second pond between Log Cabin Rd and Fish Hatchery. WOW! The last time I was there, that WHOLE area was clear cut. Not a single tree left standing, and now it's all grown back. Of course, it's been almost 20 years since I was last there. Even have some old photos of me doing burnouts by that powerline right of way before FH Rd.:D

I wish I was in the market, I'd scoop this deal right up!!!
    never been, anyone know if its still ok to shoot there?

its kinda almost right near me though,much rather go there than allllll the way out to the BZ,how big is this place?

Last edited:

CajunTim

Premium CoonAss Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Oct 19, 2006
    Mandeville, LA
    I would guess it is on the east side of 1088 across from like pine and such?

Also that new super highschool is a mile or so north of 12 which could be a real plus fro those wanting to send their kids to a good school.

tso

Observing...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    Covington
    never been, anyone know if its still ok to shoot there?

its kinda almost right near me though,much rather go there than allllll the way out to the BZ,how big is this place?

SEC. 15-207.00 Discharge Of Firearms Near Single/Multifamily Zoned Subdivision Developments

Prohibited: It shall be unlawful for any person to discharge a firearm within a one-thousand-foot perimeter zone of any single family residentially zoned subdivision or multifamily residentially zoned development measured as is hereinafter provided.
    Definitions:
    firearms: Any handgun or rifle of any caliber, shotgun, machine gun or any other gun by which a bullet or projectile is launched by means of igniting gunpowder.
    Single-family Residentially Zoned Subdivisions: Those portions or parcels of ground located in the unincorpo*rated area of the Parish bearing the following zoning designations as identified on the Official Zoning Map of the Parish as follows:
    A-1 Suburban
    A-2 Suburban
    A-3 Suburban
    A-4 Single-Family Residential
    A-1-A Residential Zoning District
    A-2-A Residential Zoning District
    A-3-A Residential Zoning District
    A-4-A Residential Zoning District
    A-5 Two-Family Residential District
    A-6 Three and Four-Family Residential District
    A-7 General Multiple-Family Residential District
    A-8 Planned Multiple-Family Residential District
    B-2 Planned Residential Districts
    SA Suburban Agricultural
    SI Suburban
    (3) Perimeter Area: That area surrounding the subdivisions as shall be measured in a straight line from each of the subdivision s four (4) boundaries (i.e. front, rear and two (2) side lines) as shown on the subdivision plot thereof filed with the Parish and thence outward one thousand (1,000) feet.

(c) Exemption: This Section exempts any law enforcement officer engaged in the pursuit of his duties, or any citizen lawfully discharging a firearm for the purpose of defending his life or property.

(d) Violation; penalty: Any violation of this section shall constitute a misdemeanor punishable as is contained in Section 1-008.0 of this Code of Ordinances. (Ord. No. 80-47, and 83-715 repealed and amended by Ord. No. 85-360, adopted 03/21/85)

Not sure what the zoning is but you are probably not allowed to shoot there.

tso

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Back to that...1088 used to be a common shooting area kinda like the Buffer Zone. But that was a long time ago, before anything was developed out there. I know a few folks that have tried shooting out there in more recent years, and each trip ended with a visit from the STPSO. Some were cool about it, others were very much not.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lilvonte722
    Top Bottom