For the conspiracy theorists here ...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    A friend of mine was at Lowe's today waiting on a truck load of generators.

It showed up and he bought one.

Probably so . The Millerville store got 48 of them today and sold all of them . Another truckload that was enroute , was redirected by FEMA . Take from that what you will . I only put it out there for discussion . I got MY generator 5 yrs ago . But it WAS fun tweaking some of you and watching the reaction . :cool:

cnodie1

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    New Orleans
    I was in line at Home Depot for 3 hours last night and 3 hours this mornings starting at 2:30 AM. I got mine and got all my other stuff done just before miller time started :D so no problems here.

Just for shiggles, what brand and size did everybody get from HD? The two west bank stores got about 100 of the same 6000 watt model. $699 was a tough bullet to bite especially buying three :noes: but they seem to be good quality. Just wondering.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    What on earth do you need 3 6000 watt generators to run?

I was in line at Home Depot for 3 hours last night and 3 hours this mornings starting at 2:30 AM. I got mine and got all my other stuff done just before miller time started :D so no problems here.

Just for shiggles, what brand and size did everybody get from HD? The two west bank stores got about 100 of the same 6000 watt model. $699 was a tough bullet to bite especially buying three :noes: but they seem to be good quality. Just wondering.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    Probably so . The Millerville store got 48 of them today and sold all of them . Another truckload that was enroute , was redirected by FEMA . Take from that what you will . I only put it out there for discussion . I got MY generator 5 yrs ago . But it WAS fun tweaking some of you and watching the reaction . :cool:

I call shenanigans.

dougstump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    x
    Just got back from home depot, its a 6000w with a 7500 overflow surge or something like that.

Your generator can safely handle a 6,000 watt load. The 7,500 watt rating is for peek (short term) loads, like starting up the compressor in your refrigerator.

Warning: Do not connect any generator to your house wiring unless you have a load transfer switch to cut you loose from the commercial power system. And watch out for carbon monoxide!

SVTFreak

Huh?
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Galvez
    I just throw the main breaker on mine and backfeed through my welding receptacle. Works for me, but you better make damn sure you throw that main if you do It that way.

Leonidas

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Slidell
    You want conspiracy? I saw chemtrails all over the skies above Slidell this morning. I think FEMA actually used them to push Isaac to S. Louisiana. They're trying to depopulate the old Confederacy.

Bayoupiper

New Curmudgeon
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Iowa, LA
    You want conspiracy? I saw chemtrails all over the skies above Slidell this morning. I think FEMA actually used them to push Isaac to S. Louisiana. They're trying to depopulate the old Confederacy.

They are SO going to put stickers on your mailbox for that!

wfarrell1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Your generator can safely handle a 6,000 watt load. The 7,500 watt rating is for peek (short term) loads, like starting up the compressor in your refrigerator.

Warning: Do not connect any generator to your house wiring unless you have a load transfer switch to cut you loose from the commercial power system. And watch out for carbon monoxide!

Yeah werent hooking it up to the house, Just hooking up fridge, freezer and a couple of fans. Yeah I figured that was probably just for short term peaks.

Top Bottom