? for the gamers out there (motion games for kids)

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    I have the PS3 with the move and the Sports Champions game also the EA Sports Active 2.
    Then last week I won a drawing at work for a Wii with the Wii fit plus.

Which of these two formats of motion games are better for smaller kids (5 &8)? Trying to figure out what games I can buy and under what format for my little ones.

Any help on picking some games that the little ones would like, would be highly appreciated.

JBE

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    Welsh, LA
    Can't go wrong with the Wii for younger kids as the Wii's games tend to be more "kid-oriented"....My kids, ages 10 and 12, love it....

deadidunn

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Hineston, LA
    I got my 5 yr old a Wii. Most of the games are easy for him, plus they have some fun games for adults as well. Both systems are good, but I would imagine the Wii will have more games appropriate for those ages. My son likes the sports games, I got him mini-golf, spongebob, diego adventures, mickey mouse epic (I believe this one is a little much for him right now though, but he hasn't played it much), mario kart, mario brawl, and deer drive. He actually beats me at bowling.

Last edited:

grits

infidel
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 22, 2006
    New Iberia
    My kids had no clue what a game system was till the wii came out. It was funny looking at the blank stare on their faces as other kids talked about xbox and playstations. :D

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I had an 8 year old in my office on Friday. He brought in two of his COd4:Black Ops action figures. He was complaining that his mom won't let him play zombie mode. It was too funny in a way the way he talked about climbing a ladder and slitting the throat of the guy at the top. In another way 8 is really too young, especially considering the language.

Wii is very wholesome, family friendly games. I can't play first person shooters on wii at all. I just don't like it. I'm actually a PC gamer though... I play shooters (battlefield 2) and strategy type games (red alert, command&conquer,etc) on PC, sports games on wii. We don't have the others.

Speedlace

LOL...right?
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2007
    I have the PS3 with the move and the Sports Champions game also the EA Sports Active 2.
    Then last week I won a drawing at work for a Wii with the Wii fit plus.

Which of these two formats of motion games are better for smaller kids (5 &8)? Trying to figure out what games I can buy and under what format for my little ones.

Any help on picking some games that the little ones would like, would be highly appreciated.
    The main difference is that the Wii has been out for ~5 years and has a plethora of games geared towards children.
    The only big releases that grabbed my attention Kirby's Epic Yarn and Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2.

If your kids have a favorite movie, there is likely to be a video game version made for the Wii.

The only games for the PS Move that seems fitting for a 5 & 8 yr old is Start the Party and EyePet.

:)

Last edited:

dbolemiss

Rebel Fan
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    New Iberia,LA
    Thanks for the info, I was kinda thinking about doing the Start the Party and EyePet on PS3 and then swapping over the the wii format.

Anybody been playing with those fitness games?
    I'm offshore and hadn't had a chance to try either of the two we have yet.

I_FLY_LOW

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 15, 2007
    Gonzales
    Send em over to my house, for a nice little game of "who can rake the most leaves, in the shortest amount of time"...
    Followed by "Lets see how high we can build the burn pile"

Top Bottom