For those of you who believe in hiding handguns around the house

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado
    Not advocating hiding handguns around the house, but if you are going to store them in stupid places, there's not much I can help you with.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I am doubting that a loose bullet exploding would shoot someone. Bullets in fire tend to pop like firecrackers. It could have been the bullet in the chamber but I don't believe a bullet way in the chamber of a pistol in an oven would get hot enough to explode.

Mythbusters anyone?

Guate_shooter

LA CHP Instructor # 522
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    (Breaux Bridge)
    I agree, I just read an NRA manual last night and I was thinking it had to be BS since it says the casing will crack and the most the bullet will travel would be a couple of feet without actually heaving enough speed to penetrate skin.

madmax4x4

HONKY
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    New Orleans
    I am doubting that a loose bullet exploding would shoot someone. Bullets in fire tend to pop like firecrackers. It could have been the bullet in the chamber but I don't believe a bullet way in the chamber of a pistol in an oven would get hot enough to explode.

Mythbusters anyone?

It said he was hit with the case of a round popping

CloudStrife

Why so serious?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2010
    Baton Rouge, LA

Mythbusters anyone?

There was an episode on this. I don't remember all the details, but I think the bullets kind of go off like a bottle rocket without a tail. I KNOW they didn't fire as if they were in a gun.
    There's also that account of a soldier using a .50cal as a hammer, which blew his hand in half. It's in a thread on here somewhere.

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    There was an episode on this. I don't remember all the details, but I think the bullets kind of go off like a bottle rocket without a tail. I KNOW they didn't fire as if they were in a gun.
    There's also that account of a soldier using a .50cal as a hammer, which blew his hand in half. It's in a thread on here somewhere.

The .50 cal was fake.

Get some rimfire .22's and throw them at concrete. They go POW and the bullet usually goes nowhere.

CZowner07

XD>Glock but<CZ
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Saint Martinville/Lafayette
    If it is the chamber, it can be leathal, but if you just put the bullets, not so much.:squint:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BX1kvJVrjc[/ame]
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfoJAwlUopI&feature=related[/ame]

tigerfan_9

1000 Yard Club
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    New Iberia, LA
    why is it that common sense is so uncommon these days
    eekfacepalm.gif

See my sig below.

S&W4ME

I'm kind of a big deal
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Walker, LA
    So how long til the moron files a lawsuit against Smith and Wesson or against the stove manufacturer????:rolleyes:

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, there was no warning label on the gun nor on the stove to tell my client that he cannot turn the stove on and store his gun inside. We are seeking 100 million dollars in damages and emotional stress brought on by the companies oversight."

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    What a foolish man- leaving a S&W in an oven.

We all know the only handgun that could possibly withstand such extreme temperatures is a Glock.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GregGlockGreg
    Top Bottom