For those that love to Sacalay fish.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Poopshooter

Join the Resistance
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Walker town USA
    Get to Colyell bay. Me and my Dad caught 2 limits in less then a hour and 45mins, 2 days in a row. We used a white tub gig on cane polls. Fish about 3 foot deep with or without a cork.

When you put in, dont run under the bridge heading toward the Amite, go the other way back into the bay. Run all the way to the end and fish back toward the launch. We caught fish on both sides. We bass fished for a hour and caught 2 bass and 5 Sacalay on a black and red long worm. They are hot right now, if anyone doesnt know where Im talking about, come pick me up and I'll show you. :D

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    Thanks for the tip, It was very thoughtful of you to share that about those white perch. Seroiusly, Thank You. A little bit of trivia, did you know that a part of Nevada Smith was filmed there? The prison camp scenes and escape.

Magpie

Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Aug 1, 2007
    Gonzales
    If I didn't have a pond in my front yard and Colyell wasn't 50 miles away I'd be all over em'. Oh yeah, and if I had a boat.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    That's one of the best eating fish there is. We had a camp on Old River for 27 years & never ran out of sac-a-lait....Sounds like ya'll had a helluva catch...:)

Poopshooter

Join the Resistance
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Walker town USA
    When you say go to the end and then fish back do you start before or after the powerline?

Run to the back of the bay where its only about 2 foot deep and work your way back toward the launch. We are fishing with white tub gigs. Fishing trees because worms are falling out of the trees into the water and all the fishing are piling up to eat the worms.

Top Bottom