Fostech Trigger?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAVE_M

_________
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    ________
    I don't know how I feel about the rifle firing on reset... Seems like a "mistake" just waiting to happen.

You can put it on safe if you do not want to fire on reset.

It actually has a "Binary setting," so you go from Safe, Semi, Binary.

MG_7760-660x440.jpg

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    To prevent the follow-up shot move the selector to the semi-automatic or safe position and the second round will not fire when the trigger is released.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    My gunsmith is incorporating one into his 9mm suppressed sbr build. It's going to be a blast. ( If it runs right!! LOLZ)....I would like to get one for my BFPU M16 replica build. It would turn some heads at the range to rip off a mag from that thing at the range....."Dude! is that like a real M16!?" haha.

MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    My gunsmith is incorporating one into his 9mm suppressed sbr build. It's going to be a blast. ( If it runs right!! LOLZ)....I would like to get one for my BFPU M16 replica build. It would turn some heads at the range to rip off a mag from that thing at the range....."Dude! is that like a real M16!?" haha.
    Thats where mine is going, In a Suppressed 5.56 Ar Sbr . If i like it i might get one for the 9mm sbr .:)

Marlin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2015
    Baton Rouge
    Yep, I'm putting a deposit down now. Thanks for sharing. It says all deposits placed now should ship in December 2016, the balance is due at shipping.

lawarren0351

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Lafayette
    3bceb662957fcc67df0659e778b0ddf0.jpg

I put a Franklin Armory Binary trigger in this little monster. In hindsight, I would get the Fostech as it is very easy for the hammer to outrun the bolt. The Fostech has a system to prevent that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sulzer

Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 20, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    I put a Franklin Armory Binary trigger in this little monster. In hindsight, I would get the Fostech as it is very easy for the hammer to outrun the bolt. The Fostech has a system to prevent that.

This could be due to bolt bounce. Since the vast majority of production guns and aftermarket barrels are over gassed nearly every gun will have bolt bounce with a typical carbine buffer setup or even with an H1 buffer. This isn't noticeable in a typical semi auto gun since you can't run it fast enough, but when you move into full auto, slide fires, binary triggers, etc. you start running fast enough to catch the bolt on the bounce. Try swapping in an H2 buffer or even H3 if that doesn't work. I don't have any experience with these types of triggers, but that's how we build out our full autos.

lawarren0351

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    Lafayette
    This could be due to bolt bounce. Since the vast majority of production guns and aftermarket barrels are over gassed nearly every gun will have bolt bounce with a typical carbine buffer setup or even with an H1 buffer. This isn't noticeable in a typical semi auto gun since you can't run it fast enough, but when you move into full auto, slide fires, binary triggers, etc. you start running fast enough to catch the bolt on the bounce. Try swapping in an H2 buffer or even H3 if that doesn't work. I don't have any experience with these types of triggers, but that's how we build out our full autos.

I have a Spike's H3 in it currently. I plan on trying a flat spring in the near future.

ALVIN GOLDEN

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2016
    covington, la
    I also have one and enjoy it. It takes some getting use to if you are looking for that double tap on target as I find the trigger heavy. One day and the range and I was very comfortable with its' use. Lots of fun.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom