Found my perfect carry gun...I'm in love!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Got it a few weeks ago and just finished break-in. I have an entirely new appreciation for 1911's and firearm craftsmanship. I love this pistol! :bowdown:

Sentinel_2.jpg

Sentinel_4.jpg

.45ACP
    3 5/8" barrel
    Sub-officers frame

Currently waiting for my carry rig to come in from Wilson, then it's CCL time. Hopefully get it done before Christmas.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Do plenty of research. From what I've read, NightHawk has been having some major QC issues.

Of course, you can also read about those who have had horrible customer no-service experiences with Ed Brown.

Personally, I rolled the dice on a RRA Hardball. So far, so good.

You can see and fondle many of these high-end semi-custom 1911s at Jim's in Baton Rouge. He has a case full of them. No NightHawks that I recall, but just about everything else (Wilson, Baer, etc.)

Exactly. Don't judge a 1911 by it's price tag or brand name. True, top notch 1911's are expensive, but there's also alot of expensive 1911's that aren't top notch.

I wanted the Wilson for carry, because it's just about the only officer size 1911 that's actually reliable and accurate. I'm not gonna go cheap on a carry gun. Although I've now been exposed to a whole new level of 1911, I doubt I would buy any more high-end 1911's for a while. You can't go wrong with a mid-range Springer, Kimber or Colt if you're looking for a range gun. My 35 year old Colt Commander still shoots better than I do. My next 1911 will be mid-range, with the money saved going to ammo and range time. ;)

gunz4me

Target Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 14, 2006
    Lafayette
    That is one nice carry piece you have there.

One of the things that gets me is those who want to obtain their CHP AND purchase the cheapest handgun known to man to protect themselves. As I put it to one person, "How much is your life worth?" then I told him "Why are you looking for the cheapest possible way to protect it?"

I would love nothing more than to have a Wilson or a Baer, and probably will one of these days. In the mean time, I have to settle for my S&W 1911s or my Glocks to protect myself for concealed carry.

Top Bottom