Four reasons not to buy a gun

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    That article wreaks of left wing anti gun agenda. At best, it’s aimed at non gun owners who are considering a firearms purchase. Those reasons have nothing to do with firearms and everything to do with people. Just like the old adage that some people shouldn’t have children, there are also people who should not own firearms.
    My picks for 4 reasons not to purchase a firearm:
    1. Don’t like or want it.
    2. Already have one or more or enough of that model.
    3. Asking price is too high.
    4. Can’t justify the expenditure.

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

That's a well written article with no possible bias given their middle of the road board of directors.

The Center for American Progress is a public policy research and advocacy organization which presents a liberal viewpoint on economic and social issues. It has its headquarters in Washington, D.C. The Center for American Progress was created in 2003 as a Democratic alternative to think tanks such as the Heritage Foundation and the American Enterprise Institute. In 2011, the Washington Post's Jason Horowitz described the Center for American Progress as "Washington’s leading liberal think tank," and "an incessant advocate for a broad progressive agenda and as such, a sharp thorn in President Obama’s left side. Horowitz further concluded that the Center, more broadly, had since become one of "Washington’s leading liberal think tanks."

Board of Directors
    John Podesta, Chair - John Podesta is the founder and a member of the Board of Directors for the Center for American Progress. Podesta served as counselor to President Barack Obama, where he was responsible for coordinating the administration’s climate policy and initiatives. In 2008, he served as co-chair of President Obama’s transition team. He was a member of the U.N. Secretary General’s High-Level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda. Podesta previously served as White House chief of staff to President William J. Clinton. He chaired Hillary Clinton’s campaign for president in 2016.

Neera Tanden, President - Tanden has worked on several Democratic presidential campaigns, including those of Michael Dukakis in 1988, Bill Clinton in 1992, and Barack Obama in 2008. Tanden was a senior staffer to Hillary Clinton during her 2000 election to a United States Senate seat in New York, and during Clinton's tenure as a Senator. Tanden advised Clinton during her run for the 2008 Democratic nomination, and later helped her defeat Bernie Sanders to win the nomination in 2016, and run against Donald Trump in the 2016 general election. In her government service with the Obama administration, Tanden helped draft the Affordable Care Act.

Stacey Abrams - I think we know who she is.

Julián Castro - Julián Castro is an American lawyer and politician from San Antonio. A member of the Democratic Party, he was the youngest member of President Obama's cabinet, serving as the 16th United States Secretary of Housing and Urban Development from 2014 to 2017.

Steve Daetz

Sen. Tom Daschle

Andrew Hauptman

Glenn Hutchins

Eric Mindich

Kristin Mugford

Donald Sussman

Hansjörg Wyss

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Some people wish for world peace. I wish the majority of people that buy into this BS weren't getting more stupid by the day.

I hold no hope whatsoever that a day arrives where people beholden to democrats now, might see through their garbage! :(

bjeepin2

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Hickory, La
    just got another gun because it was cheap and the guy didn't want it any more. i did not need to spend the money on the gun, money is tight at this time but did it anyway.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Some people wish for world peace. I wish the majority of people that buy into this BS weren't getting more stupid by the day.

I hold no hope whatsoever that a day arrives where people beholden to democrats now, might see through their garbage! :(

Sad but Democrats are reproducing faster than non Democrats in the USA.

oleheat

Professional Amateur
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Written by "experts on the prevention of gun violence" who have never held a firearm in their lives.

If they really wanted to prevent gun violence, they'd hit the streets and demand their fellow leftists stop committing crimes with guns. But they'd need to bring armed security, if they did that....:dogkeke:

T-Rigger

T-Rigger
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Metairie, LA
    Thanks for the Who's Who elite of this spinfacts-tank/boogle of weasels in sheep's clothing. Ditto's on your list of "No Buy" - add - Can't find/afford ammo for it.

cricht0n

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Zachary
    I love the asterisk at the bottom that says they only used data from incidents that had 1 aggressor and 1 victim. Nothing like using only the data that supports your claim.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    The article is rooted in the liberal ideology that we are inherently dangerous to ourselves. Its a common method used by statists to promote fear in their subjects and gain compliance. Four phenomenon that occur in the real world due to simple negligence. The issue is that these "facts" do not factor the significant statistics that support gun ownership as a greater benefit to safety. The 25 year DOJ study found 1300% of gun violence was used to protect and save innocent lives versus take lives. Thats a 13/1 ratio. The data showing the benefit to prevent victimization to women alone is staggering. You would almost think that the anti gun groups hate women when you see the statistics. By disarming women it will cost a lot of lives. But the truth is they just hate the masses owning guns, they fear an armed citizenry, and they cannot steal what little liberties we have left that are protected by the Bill of Rights if we are well armed. The idea that somehow the government can protect us from organized crime and our own deeply flawed Human nature is nothing more than a fantasy. In order to do so we would need to trade our humanity for security and in doing so we would lose both.

Top Bottom