Fox 8 news at 9pm June15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Does anyone on here know how to take an email from the LSA, and turn it in to a textable link?

I have a textable "hot link" for this now.

PM me if you want me to send it to you mobile!

Last edited:

drill sgt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 19, 2019
    denham springs ,la
    Can you explain the reasoning behind your honest belief? I believe the contrary, in that I shouldn’t need special permission or pay the government for the right to practice a God given right as guaranteed by the 2nd amendment of our constitution and I’m pretty sure that’s the driving force behind this bill, but I’ll consider other explanations. I would think that someone who, as you say, cannot pass current requirements would also likely not be legally able to own a handgun anyway? In which case the passing of such a law wouldn’t help their cause at all, correct?
    I’m eager to learn what requirements you’re speaking of that these folks can’t pass if they’re indeed legally able to own a handgun. Can’t afford the permit? Can’t afford the class? Can’t physically or mentally pass the class? Can’t approach the Sheriffs office without being arrested on outstanding warrants? Not trying to incite a BS special or anything. I’m just curious.
    ^^^^^^^ Not trying to stir the pot of hate and discontent but I am not against the passing of the constitutional carry bill. What I was refering to as to those not being able to pass the current requirements for concealed carry. Having a arrest record in their past even if for some minor misdemeanor offense and cannot get proof of outcome thru the courts because maybe from another state or being long time removed. Maybe have a divorce decree and outcome paperwork not available , maybe a domestic family issue , maybe under doctors care with certain medications being prescribed that are on a restricted list , maybe a long ago substance abuse problem that has been addressed and cleaned up , and even the money cost of the chp for some wanting to have one. I am sure that there are some current chp holders in possession of said permit that should not be allowed for different reasons but untill they step out of line and do something stupid they will stay current. Maybe they fell like they do not want big brother to be ever so involved in their lives. Why do we judge another persons actions or intent untill you have walked in their shoes. .................................................................... drill sgt.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    ^^^^^^^ Not trying to stir the pot of hate and discontent but I am not against the passing of the constitutional carry bill. What I was refering to as to those not being able to pass the current requirements for concealed carry. Having a arrest record in their past even if for some minor misdemeanor offense and cannot get proof of outcome thru the courts because maybe from another state or being long time removed. Maybe have a divorce decree and outcome paperwork not available , maybe a domestic family issue , maybe under doctors care with certain medications being prescribed that are on a restricted list , maybe a long ago substance abuse problem that has been addressed and cleaned up , and even the money cost of the chp for some wanting to have one. I am sure that there are some current chp holders in possession of said permit that should not be allowed for different reasons but untill they step out of line and do something stupid they will stay current. Maybe they fell like they do not want big brother to be ever so involved in their lives. Why do we judge another persons actions or intent untill you have walked in their shoes. .................................................................... drill sgt.
    I hear ya. I’m sure there are those who’d carry that would be a risk as well. But I don’t think the voice of those unable to obtain a CHP for legal reasons now is the push behind the bill at all. Also, I’m thinking many or most of those are likely denied the right to have a handgun in their possession already from the list you gave. I have a friend that has has a few months left until he can retrieve his firearms from a family member because his ex found a sympathetic ear in a judge and was able to secure a protective order on her word alone, although it was completely unwarranted. This law wouldn’t help him at all.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Some politicians just "get it!"

Mr. *****,

Representative Bacala wanted me to let you know he is and always will be in favor of Constitutional Carry. He will continue to do his part as per the rights of the people under the 2nd Amendment.

Best,

Donna W. Hebert
    Legislative Assistant to
    Representative Tony Bacala
    La House of Representatives
    District 59
    15482 Airline Highway
    Prairieville, Louisiana 70769
    Office Number: 225-677-8023
    Fax Number: 225-677-8022
    bacalat@legis.la.gov

Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:56 AM
    To: Bacala, Rep. Tony (District Office) <bacalat@legis.la.gov>
    Subject: SB 118

Tony,

Thanks for the effort on SB118. Please keep pushing the Governor to sign it.

If he vetoes it, let’s override!

Sincerely,

R*******
    Prairieville

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    JBE was on the news repeatedly saying he will NOT sign it...
    Not signing it and vetoing it are two different things. It’s my understanding that if the Gov does nothing, it becomes law 20 days after it hits his desk as the Legislature is now out of session

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Last edited:

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    Who makes the call to convene a *veto* session? Is it the Speaker and President of the Senate?

Edit: from the LA Constitution

[FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]Veto[/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova] [/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]Session[/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]. (1) A bill vetoed and returned and subsequently approved by two-thirds of the elected members of each house shall become law. The [/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]legislature[/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova] shall meet in [/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]veto[/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova] [/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]session[/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova] in the state capital at noon on the fortieth day following final adjournment of the most recent [/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova]session[/FONT][FONT=DDG_ProximaNova], to consider all bills vetoed by the governor.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    It's unconstitutional to infringe upon a free citizens right to bear arms period in the USA. Its a great awakening by citizens and states are falling in line, and the Supreme Court has already affirmed this. Sadly thousands of such unconstitutional codes muddy the waters and bureaucrats believe they have the right to infringe upon these guaranteed and protected rights.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    It's unconstitutional to infringe upon a free citizens right to bear arms period in the USA. Its a great awakening by citizens and states are falling in line, and the Supreme Court has already affirmed this. Sadly thousands of such unconstitutional codes muddy the waters and bureaucrats believe they have the right to infringe upon these guaranteed and protected rights.
    Couldn’t agree more

Helmsman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    The question is how these bureaucrats can be held responsible. In most cases they are either recalled or fired at worst. I've heard there is a law in Florida that provides for a fine up to $5K for unconstitutional laws or something like this. Could be a good direction...

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    The question is how these bureaucrats can be held responsible. In most cases they are either recalled or fired at worst. I've heard there is a law in Florida that provides for a fine up to $5K for unconstitutional laws or something like this. Could be a good direction...
    There’s a federal law that says anyone violating constitutional rights under color of law is guilty of a felony. It has indeed been enforced on occasion. Not a light penalty either.

Horrible

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2020
    SE LA
    There’s a federal law that says anyone violating constitutional rights under color of law is guilty of a felony. It has indeed been enforced on occasion. Not a light penalty either.
    GFL getting any court to convict anyone in power or well connected.

Laws (moreover the ‘Supreme Law of the Land’) seems to be suggestions in the eyes of our elected officials.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards has vetoed a bill to allow people to carry concealed handguns in Louisiana without a permit or training, which could fuel a growing movement for a veto-override session from the Republican-controlled Legislature.

Senate Bill 118 by Monroe Republican Sen. Jay Morris would have allowed anyone 21 and older to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. Current law allows concealed carry with a permit and training.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MrPantz
    Top Bottom