fpk 4x24 scope

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bushwacker975

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    baton rouge
    hey, got a couple ak's and want to know if the fpk 4x24 scope will fit the side mount and be of any use. i think it was intended for a heavier cartridge, but i could be wrong. is it a waste of money?
    thanks, jack

bkjeffrey

When it starts, the weak
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2007
    gulfport, ms
    If your referring to the IOR LSP Tip2 4x scope typically installed on PSLs, let me see if I can help you.

scope will fit the side mount and be of any use

Yes it will install securly on any standad AK rail. But, it will position the scope slightly rearward and very low thus blocking use of your irons. I once had an adapter/conversion clamp that replaced the PSL clamp that matched the Tip2 finish. This solved all the mentioned problems. I cannot remember where I got it from and I actually just sold it to a feller in LA.

, i think it was intended for a heavier cartridge

Indeed it was designed for the x54R balistics. Out to about 300 yards youll be fine but after that the ballistic matched turrets will start to deviate from the actual trajectory of the x39 cartridge.

is it a waste of money?

Nope. The onces made by IOR are very high quality glass and made military tough. They can be had for -$100 and will last forever and will allow accurate use out to 300ish yards from the x39 cartridge.

This should help clarify the scope mounting with the supplied vs alternate clamps.

This is a LPS Tip2 (FPK) scope mounted on an AK, notice how low and rear the scope it and the irons are blocked...

316e4346.jpg

Same scope with the alternate AK clamp, sits over irons and moved forward allowing a proper eye relief and comfy cheek weld

DSCN0142.jpg

Top Bottom