Free Concealed Handgun Classes

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Well, not necessarily free......read further.

Over the past couple of months there have been a number of threads in which members have said that part of (maybe most of) their reason for not carrying concealed is monetary. This isn't something that I, or anyone else, can solve for everybody. But I can at least make a small gesture that might help a few members.

If you are a member of BayouShooter.com and you cannot afford to take a concealed handgun class, you can attend one of my classes at no cost.

That's it. No financial statements. No affidavits. Just contact me via PM here on BS.com and tell me you can't afford the class. (Spanky runs a first class board here, so I presume that the vast majority of members are ethical. Until proven wrong, I'm comfortable using the "honor system" for this.)

There are three "catches:"

1. The classes are in Baton Rouge, so clearly this won't work for everybody.

2. I don't conduct a large number of classes, so sometimes you might have to wait for a slot.

3. If we find out you lied about your financial situation, we'll use you as a target during warm-up drills.

Dawg23
    NRA Certified Handgun Instructor
    NRA Certified Personal Protection Instructor
    La. State Police Concealed Handgun Instructor

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Very respectable Dawg. My finances are weird...can afford it but can't at the same time, not that that makes much sense.

I wont be getting my CCW unless LSU changes their policy on people carrying on campus.

If they OK CCW, I'll most definitely get it if I need to.

aroundlsu

Bayou Photo Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 21, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    I would like to enroll my girlfriend in the class. She's your average broke college student. She has zero handgun experience but wants to learn and wants to get her permit when she turns 21 (8 months away). The certificate is good for a year isn't it?

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    See, you paid, hence you weren't broke, hence, no. If he starts giving refunds, he wont be able to give away free classes to those of us that are legitimately broke.

Like me. I'm broke.

SURELY, I'm eligible for financial aid...

Just thing, you could afford that 5 series if it weren't for that pesky CCW.

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    that is awesome

wil you be holding any on the weekends? i have classes during the week, but i'd love to take some classes. will you be doing a ccw class?

chadwickMS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2007
    Picayune, MS, USA
    I think it is the twins, wife, dog (and my $400 a day gun habit) that are interfering with my need for a 540.

You know, actually, I have a CCW.

Dawg - how about spotting me a 5 series? That is what I really need.

And another gun... man, I'd really appreciate a BMW and another gun.

You should live in virginia, where they have that one gun a month law...man I'd go broke if I had to buy a gun every month!

Nick

a.k.a. Nick™
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 18, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    wow, awesome gesture. I have my permit and I certainly can afford to pay my own way, but back when I was in college there was no way I could have afforded it and I had to go without.

mrwiggins

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 17, 2006
    East of Hammond
    when and where will the classes be held

i'm as broke as can be, i have 18 hours and it's my last semister. i can't afford to slack to work(i do work 20 hours a week), so unless i can take the ccw course free, i'll be left wanting. the baby, rent, and the girlfriend keep me in the red. e-mail me or pm me with details about the class, i'll be there and i'll bring donuts.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Let me reiterate that my offer is open to those who can't afford the class. That is not the same as saying that it is free to anyone who has money and chooses to spend his money on other stuff.

I mention this because I have received at least one inquiry from a person who has posted hundreds of times on another board offering to buy Surefires, Nintendo Wii's, holsters, mags, ammo, revolvers, Colt 1911's, scopes, shotguns and an LCD TV.

dawg23

Resident Dimwit
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 17, 2006
    Baton Rouge
    Man what a great offer! Can I get a refund from my class?:x:

William:

I have decided you are deserving of a special rate. However, your rate is a multiple (not a fraction) of my standard rate.

So you actually still owe for the class you took. Please do not mail cash -a money order will be fine.

Last edited:

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    Guys, this offer is the real deal. Please don't mess it up for those who legitimately can't afford it because you want to save some money.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    joshualectric
    Top Bottom