Fried bologna (baloney) sandwich

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimdana1942

oldtimer
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Sulphur, La.
    I like these now and then. I put a little bacon grease in a skillet and cook me 3 pieces, drain it on paper towel and put on bread, plain. I like good old plain folks food. I also like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I like cheese and crackers, peanut butter and crackers. I also like home made beenie-weenie. I heat up a medium can of pork'n' beans, slice up a pack of weenies, put in some brown sugar oir Steen's cane syrup and teaspoon mustard and slow cook till weenies are cooked, stirring often. For side items with it I like cottage cheese and applesauce.

What 'bout yall? What's some of your plain eatin"?

lilmoose0

Crack don't smoke it self
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2007
    Thibodaux
    I'll play.......
    Egg sandwich done in microwave. Take a small bowl, spray cooking spray in it. Beat one egg in bowl. Cover and put in microwave for 45 seconds or until you hear popping. A little mayo on a couple slices of bread with some pepper, add a slice of cheese and the nuked egg and enjoy. Perfect for a hot & quick breakfast.

Dad used to eat plain sliced bread dipped in a well mixed mixture of peanutbutter and cane syrup! A little too sweet for me.

Mom used to make us craker-n-coffee or cornbread-n coffee.
    Just like it sounds, you prep your coffee to taste with milk & sugar, then pour it into a bowl with crumbled crackers or cornbread until it's a lumpy mush, and eat.

Quickdraw22

I SPEAK DA THUGG!1!
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 18, 2007
    Sulphur, Louisiana
    I like food. My stomach is basically a garbage disposal, so I will eat anything that is put in front of me most of the time.

My favorite is a nice 3/4 pound burger. Put some cheddar cheese on it, a handful of pickles, and a bun that is a bit too small (no sesame seeds). Delicious.

If not that, then 3 hotdogs with chili and chese, or plain with mustard :cool:

DAVE

spanky

Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    141   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I'm a fan of a good ole turkey & cheese on wheat w/ mayo.

breakfast is usually 3 eggs (1 whole, 2 white) w/ fat free american on wheat.

Asc.rudeboy

Walmitfahrer tactical#103
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    when i was a kid my mom would make me peanutbutter a syrup sandwich,,reall cant beat those things,unless you make a grilled cheese..

for breakfest got to go with egg in a hole...take a cup use it to cut a hole in a peice of bread,,,save the part you take out,,put the bread with a hole in it in a pan of hot butter then break a egg in the hole of the bread,,,then use the piece of bread you cut out to mop up the remaning sunnyside yoke when you eat it,,,mmmmmmmm haha makes me want to go nmake one

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    OK...
    Scrambled eggs on sliced white bread, add a bit of cheese and a slice of ham.
    My wife thinks I'm nuts for adding mustard to spaghetti and meatballs though.

Now, my wife's famous 'fudge' (for lack of a better term)... Melt a bag of Nestle's choc chips in a double boiler, mix in a can of condensed milk, and pour out onto wax paper in a pie pan. Cut into small chunks...

scubasteve

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 12, 2007
    Baton Rouge
    Mmmmmm
    Penaut butter and honey on some Bunny braid.
    Bologna cups. Fried bologna with a scoop of mashed taters. A Catholic school staple.
    Milk and cornbread. Coush Coush. Another Catholic school staple.
    2 homemade biscuits layed open and slathered with butter and Steens with a BIG glass of whole milk.
    Tater Salad sammiches.
    Homemade french fries (red taters) on some Bunny bread with mayo and mustard.
    Bologna sammich with mustard and crushed up Fritos.
    Frito chili pie.
    Slap Jacks. All Purpose flour mixed with milk to form a firm dough and fried. Cover in powder sugar, butter, or honey.
    Ckikin and Dumplins. My Momma makes hers with a roux. Yummy.

Rainman

Justified!
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Near I-55 & I-12
    I like a banana sammich :D Just cut up a banana and put it between some bread. No need to fry it nor add no peanut butter and jelly. Just banana and bread, pretty good actually.

The wife likes taking the left over corn bread and eating it mixed with milk in a bowl. I know other people who eat it like that.

As kids, at my Grand parents house, we (all the cousins) use to eat sugar sandwiches. No joke, take a slice of white bread and put a table spoon or so of white sugar on it, fold the bread in half and tear it up. Wash it down with some milk.

And a pack of peanuts "in" a bottle of root beer is pretty good to.

And the best thing was way back when my Grandmother used to make gallets. She made 2 kinds, the thin ones, and these huge dinner plate sized so light and fluffy fried bread. Man that was good stuff. Eat em with syrup or honey.

Last edited:

Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    The biggest treat when I was growing up was to spend time with my pawpaw [my mother's dad]. His favorite snack was a few pieces of Sunbeam Bread and a bowl of Steen's cane syrup. Damn, I miss that old man.

Top Bottom