fried turkey

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrmccoy

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    Hammond
    I have always used cajun injector stuff. I may try to smoke it for an hour or two then fry it. Thought maybe someone had a secret seasoning they would like to share with the rest of us??

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    Tony's butter flavored cajun injector is my favorite. 350 degrees, 3 minutes per pound of turkey, and make sure that sucker isn't frozen at all when you stick it in the grease.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    I inject mine with ~2 bottles of Tony's Cajun Butter marinade. Then it gets a rub inside and out of Tony's season salt. (the good 'ol green can, not that new lowsodium crap ;))
    I've always done 350/4min per #. Comes out good and crispy, 'cuz I like to munch on the skin, or "goodie" as my wife calls it ;), too.
    I've also had a turkey done just like this with the addition of the bird being stuffed with jalapeno peppers. (peppers shoved into small cuts, just like stuffing garlic into a roast) It was frakin' AWESOME!

BKliebert

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    South, La
    If you like how the turkeys come out you should try doing chickens and or cornish hens. Most people that have tasted Turkey side by side with the chickens or game hens usually like them more than the Turkey. Thing to remember is that for some reason you need to cook the them 7.5min per pount insted of the 4.

I use Amato (local winery in Independence, LA) Sweet Strawberry or Blackberry wine as a base, with lots of cayne pepper, Lea & Perrins Worcestershire for chicken, and a little Caribbean Jerk Chicken seasoning, no butter.

asianpersuasion

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Sep 13, 2006
    Seabrook/BR
    I prefer to brine my bird in solution overnight. I also add half a bottle of white wine to the brinning solution. When I make the solution I use cut garlic instead of powder and don't add any sugar either. This those two items makes the turkey dark. When I fry I don't EVER let the temp get over 350 deg. Also 3 min per lb is plenty. Anything over that is going to dry the bird out. I also recommend you put the bird in a server and cover it well with heavy duty foil for at least 10-15 min. The carry over time will allow the juices to reabsorb into the meat. Also the bird will continue to cook.

You don't have to listen to me I just worked in a resturant for +15yrs. If you want info on brinning let me know. I know Academy sells a brinning kit for one bird. Then you can jazz it up to your liking

Cajunshooter78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    Crowley, La
    I use the butter flavored cajun injector with italian salad dressing, the one without all the other crap in it so it's easy to go threw the needle. Just season the inside and outside with tony's and cayenne pepper.

Paulup

dot dot dot
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Bush, La
    ill PAY WELL for a fresh fried turkey........

Rouses in Covington sells them, but you might want to call before making the drive over here. I think all of the Rouses supermarkets sell them, so one in Covington, 2 in Mandeville, a number of them on the South shore.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    +1000 on the Cajun Butter, We'll be doing 4 15 turkeys at my dads for the family of 20 tommorow, plus some cornish hens, deer strap and a few other meats. The turkey's are so tender you can carve them with a spoon.

Top Bottom