Friend needs help from attorney...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • peterf225

Rating - 100%
    126   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Prairieville
    Ok let me start by saying my friend is not in any trouble.

He is seeking some advise from an attorney who specializes in real estate. He is trying to purchase some property in Holden but can't get the financing through the bank. The land owner is willing to do a lease to purchase deal but neither my friend or the land owner know how to go about it legally. My friend is in BR and works shift work at a plant but I can get info to him. If anyone can point him in the right direction please let me know.

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    PM me the details and I'll put you in touch with a real estate/title attorney I trust COMPLETELY. Plus, we'll be glad to offer our own advice and assistance. Lease/purchase, bond for deed, or owner financing are all options in a situation like this, and each has its pluses and minuses.

slowhandlukem

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    lafayette to Houston
    If the bank wont finance it.Has your friend tried a Mortgage company,like Louisiana Mortgage company,,etc...

If it is outside the city limits,it is easier to get a rural loan from a a mortgage company also.They rarely turn
    anyone down.As long as you have a job and steady income,with 2 years of past W2 forms.Pretty simple.

If your able to get a rural loan,you wont need any money down and everything is added in to the escrow.
    Any title or land attorney can write up a lease to own or rent to own for around $100 if you cant get a
    mortgage loan.

Depends on your friend and other circumstances.But I have sold many property's with just a simple lease
    to own contracts,available online to download or I believe you can pay around $15-$20 for one online as
    well.Its pretty easy as long as you know the boundaries and such.

Hope that helps......

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    If the bank wont finance it.Has your friend tried a Mortgage company,like Louisiana Mortgage company,,etc...

If it is outside the city limits,it is easier to get a rural loan from a a mortgage company also.They rarely turn
    anyone down.As long as you have a job and steady income,with 2 years of past W2 forms.Pretty simple.

If your able to get a rural loan,you wont need any money down and everything is added in to the escrow.
    Any title or land attorney can write up a lease to own or rent to own for around $100 if you cant get a
    mortgage loan.

Depends on your friend and other circumstances.But I have sold many property's with just a simple lease
    to own contracts,available online to download or I believe you can pay around $15-$20 for one online as
    well.Its pretty easy as long as you know the boundaries and such.

Hope that helps......

It doesnt have to be outside of city limits, I think outside of bigger citys like lafayette. I was approved for different homes inside of eunice under rural development.

Top Bottom