Frogging?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I have noticed several bullfrogs in the area by my house.

Is there a season for frogging? I may want to try it.

Also, how do you clean a bullfrog?

Thanks,

JR1572

Ben Segrest

Rating - 96.3%
    26   1   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Lafayette
    Yes, frog season is open every month except April and May. April, May, let em lay. If you remind me in June, I will post a video on how to clean them.

eta: It's closed for those two months because that is supposed to be the high point of the breeding season.

Last edited:

CrkdLtr

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    I'm down for a little froggin' too. I got the boat and a spotlight. Just need to get a couple gigs. :D

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I have noticed several bullfrogs in the area by my house.

Is there a season for frogging? I may want to try it.

Also, how do you clean a bullfrog?

Thanks,

JR1572

OOOOH! Where are they? My other sobriquet is the Frog Assassin Kid!

Best trip was over 500 bully's in one night (4 of us), and my family won't eat them.:dunno:

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Sorry, I'm not giving that up. I just hope they are still around in June.

JR1572

They will be there as long as someone else doesn't know about them too! And if they do and they wait till legal, you'd better be ready to move 12:00:01 am on May 31.

And Beeramid is right, you don't have to kill them. Just grab them. The light needs to be strong enough to settle them. This way if you don't catch enough for a meal you can let them go by your house or pond. If you are a novice you are in for a serious learning experience on how tricky those little buggers are. Wait till you leave your sack full of them untied, or when you reach in to put another in the bag; JAILBREAK!

kajuntriton

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   0
    May 2, 2009
    BR, G-Town, P-Ville
    I generally remove the toes/feet but here is what they should look like cleaned......lil people ;)

Picture033.jpg

Easiest way to clean, with sharp knife, ring around the forward of the neck close to the head as possible, With good pliers or catfish skinners, grab the skin and pull back right down to the feet, gut and wash!
    Batter and fry! ;) Call ME when they are almost about to float in Lake Crisco!

KT ;)

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I generally remove the toes/feet but here is what they should look like cleaned......lil people ;)

Picture033.jpg

Easiest way to clean, with sharp knife, ring around the forward of the neck close to the head as possible, With good pliers or catfish skinners, grab the skin and pull back right down to the feet, gut and wash!
    Batter and fry! ;) Call ME when they are almost about to float in Lake Crisco!

KT ;)

Man, you ain't wasten any meat on them.

headshot

Mentally Hilarious
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    Gonzales LA
    Establish a rhythm. Do 1 step at a time to all of them. It will speed up the process when you have a bunch of frogs. I like to get a pipe or hatchet & knock'em ALL in the head like this :deadhorse: until they're like :zombie: then get a sharp filet knife & ring them ALL around the top of the legs, then get your skinning pliers & pull skin down past ankles, cut off feet & legs.

If you have children let them shoot the frogs w/ a pellet gun instead of decapitating them; kids love that!

Top Bottom