From the why would you file....... *UPDATED post #15

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nomad.2nd

Rating - 100%
    66   0   1
    Dec 9, 2007
    Baton Rouge... Mostly
    Please, scared of your shadow too? Sky falling? As long as the STEEL cylinder holds the rounds there is virtually zero chance of catastrophic falure, especially with a round with as little case pressure as a .22 long rifle. The top strap "repair" failed, the bullet fired, no big deal.

I've set and exploded Demo...

THat's fun.

Not particularely frightening.

Shooting a firearm with a KNOWN likelyhood of failure...

Nope, won't do that.

not a 22 nor a 25...

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Please, scared of your shadow too? Sky falling? As long as the STEEL cylinder holds the rounds there is virtually zero chance of catastrophic falure, especially with a round with as little case pressure as a .22 long rifle. The top strap "repair" failed, the bullet fired, no big deal.
    At least the "repaired" piece didn't imbed itself in the poor, unknowing sucker next to you at the range!

MyTFAL

"It's no big deal,...."
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Abita Springs
    At least the "repaired" piece didn't imbed itself in the poor, unknowing sucker next to you at the range!

I was the only one there........and it flipped up in the air about 14" like a tidly wink.

Barret, I was going to to post the "aftermath" pics, the crack (less the repair materials) had opened up about a 1/4 inch while trying to bend it back together for the third time the cast aluminum at the bottom of the crane broke. I didn't take pics of it, I was pretty sure most would believe it would prove the explosive properties of the .22 long rifle.

Now look don't get me wrong I believe the .22 is a killer. I am absolutely not one of those that says the .22 is a weak underpowered round. I am a firm believer in the lethality of the round. I also believe that the cylinder in a revolver is solely responsible for containing the combustion of the round. We are not talking about a unsupported case here, the cylinder is perfect,...still.

Top Bottom