Frontsight..anyone been?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    I have a four day defensive handgun and 1 day ccw class scheduled in November at Frontsight. Not a bad deal, 1199.00 for 5 days of training and you get a Springfield XD and gear out of the deal. Anyway, first time to a "big name" school. Watched the video they send with the package, and they seem a little cultish as my wife put it. By the way, I convinced her to come too....two guns with the deal. LOL.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has been there recently. ARe they really as customer service oriented as they seem. My phone calls to them have been short and curt, so I am a little worried.

I am pretty advanced, but they assured me I would get as much out of the class as my wife who has only fired a weapon a handfull of times.

Any reviews?

Quas

IT'S GOOD TO BE THE KING
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 12, 2006
    Gonzales, LA
    I thought that was some rinky dink thing just to sell you a gun. Make sure you give us a review after the fact.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Will do. The facility is huge, and they claim to train more than all other schools combined. I like to get a little from different schools. they are very big 2nd Ammendment folks, which I am too, but the DVD they send makes it look a little cultish.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Will do. The facility is huge, and they claim to train more than all other schools combined. I like to get a little from different schools. they are very big 2nd Ammendment folks, which I am too, but the DVD they send makes it look a little cultish.

Use your instincts, looks like cult, acts like a cult, it might just be a school.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, I hear ya. I think I can sort the BS from the good stuff. I had to wrap it into a 10 day vegas trip to sell the wife, but "we" get two guns, gear, and I get a week at the range. The facilities look top notch. We will see.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Wow. Very eye opening. I already paid for everything, so I am still going to go, but this definitely makes me not want to get a membership. Thanks.

The Scientology connection may explain why so many celebrities train there since most of them are into that also.

Thanks for the heads up.

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    Paul G beat me to it. I found the scientology link doing a google on frontsite. I got the frontsite email list for 2-3 days before I cancelled it. Just didn't get a warm and fuzzy from what I saw.:(

Vanilla Gorilla

The Gringo Pistolero
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    I've been able to train with alot of names most of it on the taxpayers dime and Frontsight doesn't make my top 25 list. To much attention is paid to how nice a facility so in so has. I'd much rather have Kyle Lamb or Dave Harrington train me in a cow pasture than anybody at the Scotsdale Gun Club.

Narco

0-60 in 5.11
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 6, 2007
    New Orleans
    Did they ship the guns to your FFL yet.. If not I am sure there is a stipulation when you leave since they cannot "give" you the handguns once you depart. I would want my transferred before the class.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    My plan was to do the transfer after I arrived so i would not have to travel with the guns and gear, but I may just do it beforehand. The class starts on Nov 21, so it will be close to get the transfer done. I am actually on hold with them right now. LOL.

I might try and have them sent to me beforehand.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, I called them and they said it was a 3 week turnaround time on their end. Gonna wait until Iget there and have thme shipped after.

I am keeping an open mind. I will learn what makes sense.

Anyone have afoil hat I can borrow incase they try to read my mind.

Better yet, and foil pants in case the attempt to probe my anu... nevermind. LOL
    :mamoru:

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    I've been on their mailing list for a while (it goes to my spam box). I even read them occasionally. I just happened to watch the video from 10/20. Looks like S. America somewhere. Dad shoots pistol into the air once. Puts the gun down. Little kid picks it up, points up and shoots, unfortunately with dad in the way. Ouch. Idiot...

No, I decided I wouldn't train w/ them. I didn't know about the scientology thing though. They're just trying too hard. I don't like that.
    I also wouldn't do a class with a gun I've never shot before. Also, if you go, are you going to buy holsters, mag carriers, etc. from them? How overpriced are they since they have a captive audience?

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Actually, the holster and gear all comes in the package. The only other thing I have to buy is the ammo for the course. I am sure it will be a little pricey, but would even out with what I would have to pay to ship. I have shot the model before, but of course not the specific gun. Besides, I am going to get a few pointers and some range time. Not looking to make the new gun a daily carry.

Probably will bring a back-up in case anyway. The trusty Glock.

Manimal

Get'n Duffy!
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 27, 2007
    Louisiana
    Probably will bring a back-up in case anyway. The trusty Glock.

Good idea.

It would probably be best to keep you yourself & be reserved while you're there. I know that sometimes I'll buddy-buddy with a person and get comfortable cracking jokes & stuff...I wouldn't there.

Nolacopusmc

*Banned*
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Yeah, already briefed the wife. I am mainly going to get a chance to block some time for practice, and the gun deal is pretty sweet. Also, given the "resort" theme of this place, I figured it was my best chance to get the wife to agree to a week of training. I just want to get her to a comfort level. I know she will never be a tack driver like me. LOL.

She says I am paranoid, I say she is blind. We are probably both right.:rolleyes:

Will post a detail AAR when I return.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    MiyaMarukutsune
    Top Bottom