FS Daniel Defense M4V3 Carbine.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sugarbug

Sugarbug don't care.
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   1
    Feb 5, 2012
    Slidell
    I bought the cans of ammo from this guy Friday. He was trying to sell this gun ASAP because he bought a gun on GunBroker and he needed to pay for it in 10 days or he would lose it. Seemed like a good guy just trying to scrape up the money for his purchase. Maybe he was a little too eager and sold the gun out from under you but if you were in the same pinch for money would you hold on to a possible deal or go with a sure deal?

I would not have reneged on a deal already struck. Given my fondness of buying/selling/trading, I've had MANY occasions where I could have, and can honestly say I never did. It doesn't matter if someone shows up ready to pay you sooner/more. Have a little class and let your word mean something.

I know I'm asking a lot from people nowadays, though.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    I know I'm asking a lot from people nowadays, though.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed..:bowdown:.. Not making excuses for the guy. I would have been pissed too.

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    I bought the cans of ammo from this guy Friday.
    Me too.

He was trying to sell this gun ASAP because he bought a gun on GunBroker and he needed to pay for it in 10 days or he would lose it. Seemed like a good guy just trying to scrape up the money for his purchase.
    Good guy ? Tell me how ? You a cousin or a friend ?

Maybe he was a little too eager and sold the gun out from under you but if you were in the same pinch for money would you hold on to a possible deal or go with a sure deal?
    No way I would back out of a deal. When a mans' word is no good he has no place on a forum like this.

Not saying it was right.
    Like hell you're not. Why are you defending him.

He should have giving you first dibs and given it to the other guy if it fell through but I know he needed the $$
    Sounds like the typical sorry ass excuse.
    I have more respect for a pedophile than I do a liar. At least you know what the pedophile is going to do.

CJB1911

PEW PEW PEW
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    SWLA
    Its been going both ways on BS lately, I can't tell you the number of times I had a guy reneg on buying something he said he wanted. I never bother to post negative feedback though.

Recently, my friend agreed to buy a gun from a member on here only to have the seller contact him and ask for more money b/c another buyer apparently offered more. My friend rightfully refused.

Last edited:

nickatnite

Crybaby Hater...
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jun 27, 2007
    Prairieville, La
    I bought the cans of ammo from this guy Friday. He was trying to sell this gun ASAP because he bought a gun on GunBroker and he needed to pay for it in 10 days or he would lose it. Seemed like a good guy just trying to scrape up the money for his purchase. Maybe he was a little too eager and sold the gun out from under you but if you were in the same pinch for money would you hold on to a possible deal or go with a sure deal? Not saying it was right. He should have giving you first dibs and given it to the other guy if it fell through but I know he needed the $$

I bought the cans of ammo from this guy Friday.
    Me too.

He was trying to sell this gun ASAP because he bought a gun on GunBroker and he needed to pay for it in 10 days or he would lose it. Seemed like a good guy just trying to scrape up the money for his purchase.
    Good guy ? Tell me how ? You a cousin or a friend ?

Maybe he was a little too eager and sold the gun out from under you but if you were in the same pinch for money would you hold on to a possible deal or go with a sure deal?
    No way I would back out of a deal. When a mans' word is no good he has no place on a forum like this.

Not saying it was right.
    Like hell you're not. Why are you defending him.

He should have giving you first dibs and given it to the other guy if it fell through but I know he needed the $$
    Sounds like the typical sorry ass excuse.
    I have more respect for a pedophile than I do a liar. At least you know what the pedophile is going to do.

I don't know how much faster one could sell a 1,000 rifle for. I committed to buy it within 10 minutes of it being posted. Within 30 minutes, we had agreed on me picking it up on Sunday.

It's not like, "Ummmm, lemme see if I can scrape up the money and get back with you", or "wanna trade plus cash". It's cash.

Even if you were paying on-line for something, if you made a deposit at your bank on Sat, the funds won't show up and available until Monday..

Just another reason why we all need to be careful of deals too good to be true!

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Its been going both ways on BS lately, I can't tell you the number of times I had a guy reneg on buying something he said he wanted. I never bother to post negative feedback though.

Recently, my friend agreed to buy a gun from a member on here only to have the seller contact him and ask for more money b/c another buyer apparently offered more. My friend rightfully refused.

And as far as I remember your friend didn't leave negative feedback either! I would have been pissed about that too!

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I bought the cans of ammo from this guy Friday. He was trying to sell this gun ASAP because he bought a gun on GunBroker and he needed to pay for it in 10 days or he would lose it. Seemed like a good guy just trying to scrape up the money for his purchase. Maybe he was a little too eager and sold the gun out from under you but if you were in the same pinch for money would you hold on to a possible deal or go with a sure deal? Not saying it was right. He should have giving you first dibs and given it to the other guy if it fell through but I know he needed the $$

This goes to prove even more so that he is an ass!! He already promised the cans of ammo to another member via email and told me that I was second!!!!

If he ever posts another FOR SALE thread I will **** all over it!!

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jun 24, 2009
    Pineville/Alexandria
    Nick - I should have done more to warn you. I did allude to past problems in my post but should have suggested that you check his feedback. When he got me last year I posted details on the thread but it all got deleted somehow and he deleted the contents of his thread and just put "sold". I "bought" the same AR but with much more stuff for $1200. After he did not show for several hours the next day to get the cash I called him to see if he needed better directions and he informed me that he decided to sell to a "family member" instead (guess he was the family member). I think he probably saw all of the: "seconds", wow what a deal", "thirds for a great gun", "how come I never get these bargains", etc posts after we made our deal and decided he was selling too cheap. He did get quite a bit more this time selling everything separate and I guess that difference is the price he puts on his integrity. And I don't think it's a youth issue - we seem to have a lot of younger guys on this particular forum that I consider of high integrity.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Lmao! I don't care what y'all think about the guy. I am not friends with him and I only know him from the brief 2 minutes I talked to him while buying cans. I'm not sticking up for him. I'm just saying he was nervous about getting his money together. Take it for what it's worth and don't do business with the guy again. Now if he promised the cans to someone else then sold them to me.. Sorry you got screwed but don't get pissed at me because I had nothing to do with what he told you.

chad

Rating - 100%
    156   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    And I don't think it's a youth issue - we seem to have a lot of younger guys on this particular forum that I consider of high integrity.

Thanks for that last part and not letting bad encounters with one individual give an entire population a bad reputation. Someone not being true to their word isn't age or anything specific!

charliepapa

Clandestine Sciuridae
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Prairieville
    sounds exactly like this asshat Tweezy from LaSportsman. We made a deal over text messages for his asking price, then when I asked him when/where we could meet, he informs me that he's sorry but now he's got someone else coming from Lafayette who offered him $50 more than his asking price after he told him he'd sold it to me. But, he WAS kind enough to say that if that guy didn't show up with the $750, I could still have it. I harassed him a little about backing out, so now he craps on the other guy now and tells me I can have it again. Fast forward to a few hours later and we're going back and forth again, and he flakes out and just stopped responding.

vp26sverip16ntkyqw7.png

lt1rx798

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    The guys that offer more when a deal has been made are just as bad as far as I am concerned. I recently had a motorcycle listed. I made a deal with a guy and collected a deposit. Guy #2 calls and offers $500 more after I tell him its under contract. When I tell him no, he says "That was a test". Integrity, common sence and respect are a lost art.

Splat

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Lafayette
    Hmmm. This guy said he was a college student. I wonder where he's getting all of this money for his "supplies". I hate to profile but I would guess he is "Muslim". Damn he has my cell phone number :eek3:

Jack

Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Covington
    The guys that offer more when a deal has been made are just as bad as far as I am concerned. I recently had a motorcycle listed. I made a deal with a guy and collected a deposit. Guy #2 calls and offers $500 more after I tell him its under contract. When I tell him no, he says "That was a test". Integrity, common sence and respect are a lost art.

I had one a while back, where I posted seconds if the first falls out. The seller PMs me and says for another 50 dollars, I can be first. Some people are just grimy.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    I had one a while back, where I posted seconds if the first falls out. The seller PMs me and says for another 50 dollars, I can be first. Some people are just grimy.

I would have ratted his ass out in the thread!! Let everyone know what kind of POS they are dealing with!!!

Taiaut

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Lake Charles,La.
    I would have ratted his ass out in the thread!! Let everyone know what kind of POS they are dealing with!!!

People get away with this crap because most don't have the kahunas to call them about it. The "Feedback" part of the forum is there to report bad behavior as well as good. In my opinion if you dont report the bad guys then you condone their actions.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom