Ga. woman kills home invader

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I like that website, not one commenter saying the poor attacker getting murdered by some homeowner or talking about irresponsible gun owners.

Does this add any credibility to the 22Lr in use of self defense? Obviously he could have kept attacking her but thought it was in his best interest to run.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    "The woman was hospitalized with minor injuries and will not face charges"

Gee, ya think?

Why is that f'n questioned EVERY time someone shoots an obvious pile of S**t INSIDE their house. The media is scum, because they are not asking that questions from a "good riidance to the BG" point of view.

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Why is that f'n questioned EVERY time someone shoots an obvious pile of S**t INSIDE their house. The media is scum, because they are not asking that questions from a "good riddance to the BG" point of view.

EXACTLY!!! When will people ever wake up to the media's left-wing propaganda BS?

Renegade

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 1, 2010
    Red Stick
    Does this add any credibility to the 22Lr in use of self defense? Obviously he could have kept attacking her but thought it was in his best interest to run.

The article says he "stumbled outside and collapsed," so I'm not sure that he could have kept attacking her. I agree that there are better options for self-defense, but I promise you don't want to get hit with a .22lr... especially not a modern round like the CCI Mini-mag or something; those aint your grandpa's .22's!

gbundersea

Just my 2¢
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jun 4, 2007
    Walker, LA
    More gun is always better, but this story is proof that the .22 you actually have with you is better than the cannon you left somewhere else. I hope this brave lady's injuries are minor, and that she quickly recovers both physically and emotionally.

Gumbo

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Lafayette
    I always deadbolt my door, bring my weapon into the bathroom, and lock the bathroom door when I'm in the shower. I would never hear someone breaking in.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    i been thinking of buying a beretta bobcat in .22lr or a north american .22lr revolver with the good sites and 4" barrel. for fun and ccw when i don't feel like a glock 19 which i will start showering with.

03protege

#1 Stevel Spell II fan
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Mandeville
    I've Been thinking about geting taurus's new 9 shot snub nose in 22lr. I wouldn't trust a 22lr semi, if you have a FTF you would be in trouble and FTFs with 22LR is way to common.

rustyduck

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    near morgan city
    i read too many complaints about taurus. the s&w 8 shot .22lr revolver looks nice but its around $600 or more and it has a hammer to snag your pockets. ruger needs to make a .22lr lcr with 9+ shots.

Top Bottom