Gaging Interest in a 1st Aid/CPR/AED Class for Bayou Shooters

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Paul Gomez

www.Gomez-Training.com
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Baton Rouge, More or Less
    Spoke with a local American Heart Association instructor [thanks, Dave] and he is willing to put on a class for the membership. He has a training site available in Baton Rouge.

We'll need a minimum of SIX and a maximum of 12 bodies to lock in the class.

Cost will be $45 per student. Tuition includes a textbook & CD that is yours to keep.

The course is the AHA Heartsaver First Aid with CPR and AED program.

Course duration is approximately 8 hours. We are looking at doing the class on a Saturday or Sunday.

----------

As has been said before, "You are much more likely to be a hero by saving a life than by taking a life."

This is an inexpensive and worthwhile addition to your training.

Who is interested? Once I've got a feel for the degree of interest, I'll start coordinating dates with Chris and see what we can make happen.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I took this course last tuesday, as its required for the rescue team members at work. We used mannequins for everything except for demonstrating the Heimlich maneuver. On the Mannequins we used a Pro-valve (one way valve) for doing the mouth-to-mouth. If Dave is the same guy we had, he knows his stuff, and did a very good job.

Sorry to Hijack your thread Paul

tmlowe

enthusiast in training
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 16, 2008
    river ridge
    I took this class through the Red Cross. There is nothing in it to be queezy about. It is a very informational class and recommend you take it.

nola_

Rating - 94.4%
    17   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Nola
    I will take it but I am bit quesy when it comes to the medical stuff.

come watch me help freeze an eyeball, still in the person's head, while the person is awake or doing a "temporal artery biopsy", bloody, but fun to watch the actual vessel pumping without the skin on it...

learning how to use an AED is great, especially since they are now common in a lot of places

dwr461

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    Depending on dates I'm going to send my wife as she's expressed interest in it. And Chris lives like one hundred yards from me.

Guys Chris is a good instructor. He's worked the field for EBR EMS for I know at least thirteen years. So he knows as a street Paramedic what works and what doesn't in the real world. If you're interested in the course I'd take it from Chris.

For those who don't know EBR EMS only does 911 calls, no transfers, no return to home, and no nursing homes. We average about 50,000 calls per year between thirteen trucks.

Also I have not done any instructing in a very long time. The only instructing I do anymore is to new paramedics and cadets which is all in house. So I doubt that I was the Dave who taught anything. But I'm glad to hear you liked him.

Dave

Top Bottom