Gamo Whisper

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MotorBoy

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    Youngsville
    I can read writing just can't write reading worth a crap and thats why I don't post much I think I was out the day they taught that......

HRBR1800

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    Has anyone had any issues with the scopes that come with the gamo whisper? I have had one for about 6 months and I can't keep it sighted in. I finally just took scope off and am having a much easier time putting the pellets where I want.

angrycookieman

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Central Louisiana near Pitkin
    I haven't, but I don't know if they still use the same setup, mine is an older one. Springer air rifles have recoil that is horrible on scopes and mounts for some reason; make sure your mount is tight. Also, be sure it's a one piece mount, I have seen that some gamo rifles come with a cheaper mount and it probably won't hold up.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    Has any one found a resoluion to the scope issues with the oem scope that come with the whisper. I'm having the same problem keeping it sighted in. It will say sighted for about a week and then some how gets way off.

icetraxx

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    Denham Springs
    We called Gamo and talked to them. The guy we talked to recommended another scope after the problems that we were having. Our problem wasn't the mount. Riding over to my dads this afternoon to mount the scope and sight it in.

5star

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2008
    West baton rouge
    I've got a gamo big cat, the 1200fps rifle. Shot it a few times in the yard before I realized I could get away with shooting the .22 without disturbing anyone. I've still got it, the scope, and its still in the box if anyone is looking to buy one on the cheap. Just pm me.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Beeman does not make air guns they just stamp their name on them 20 years ago they sold mainly German guns very good very expensive now they sell to a price point I would they away from most of them the Gammos are what I call the top of the bottom not junk just not really good right now the best deal in air guns if you can not afford to spend $500-700 is the RWS 34 or the RWS 54 side cocker both are just plain jane looking but shoot very well both work well with Crossman premier pellets 177 7.8 gr or 22 14 gr the 34 shoots about 900 fps in 177 and 700 in 22 cal the 54 does 1000 fps in 177 and 900 fps in 22 cal remember you do not want to break the sound barrier in any air gun it ruins the accuracy both these guns with a clean barrel will shoot better than 1/2 inch at 50 yds and both will do the job in 22 cal we have an old saying 177 has less drop but 22 more pop
    20 plus years ago my older brother had one that was 1200 bucks but wow it was sweet.
    I did shoot a cat with it and the HP went threw the cat and both sides of a metal garbage can
    I got a 100 buck something or other that was 100% like a Beeman made in Spain they had them side by side at Chalmette Gun and Jewelery from Steve

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Sorry i got off track I looked at the Gammo at Cabelas and they sure look nice but never shot one they do get plenty of bring backs that are upstairs and cheap

Devilneck

S&W Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Slidell
    I've been doing some reading, and really am not sure which air rifle I'm going to get. Some people have poor opinions of the Gamos, but the high quality air rifles cost so much it is rediculous.

Some people say that the break barrel air guns are inherently inaccurate, any opinions on that? Anyone have one of the heavy duty air rifles? If so, is it worth it?

You are on an internet forum, keep that in mind. Lots of Keyboard Commando's will give their opinions of how whatever you are asking about is a terrible choice, and how you should buy X like they did. My suggestion is to try one. I love mine, Gamo Whisper Silent Cat . This will be my first squirrel season with it. So far I've only killed paper and a few cans. I have not had any problem with the scope losing it's zero. There is a notch in the top of the receiver that the scope mount locks into.
    My only complaint is that the scope mount does not put the iron sights out of the sight picture. I will be looking into a riser mount in the future, or just using the iron sights.
    I had a Daisy 880 powerline that I killed more squirrels with than anything, but this Gamo is a hell of a lot more powerful, and more accurate. I am thinking this will be a freezer filler.

Top Bottom