Garmin Rino 530 anybody have One?????

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Independence LA
    I have one and really unable to use it very well. Anybody else have it or the 520
    I am looking forward to discuss how to use this thing or point me to a good forum on how to use ??:confused:
    Help appreciated in advance

ABNsurveyor

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Fort Polk area
    Link to the quick start guide:

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac//916_QuickStartGuide.pdf

Link to owners manual:

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac//915_OwnersManual.pdf

I bought my first Rino 120 in 2004 at the PX in Iraq. It did not come with any of the manuals as it was discounted item no box, no manuals, just the GPSr and cable. I played with the thing for a few days until I was able to get on the internet and download the manuals. By then I figured out most of what it would do. The best way to learn for me is to just go and us use it. Have you ever heard of Geocaching? http://www.geocaching.com/guide/ I have been Geocaching since 2005, it is a great way to learn how to use your GPSr, get some exercise, learn about nearby places that you would have never given a second thought about visiting to name a few.

My 120 was a work horse and stood up to a lot of abuse attached to my field gear then latter in a dedicated pouch. The thick rubber on the top of the GPS antenna ripped off, the base of the radio antenna pulled out, then half way up the radio antenna completely ripped off. Fix it all with duct tape and it worked as if nothing had ever happened to it. In 2006 or early 07 the zoom button wore/rubbed/torn off, not sure how it happened I pulled it out and it was gone. Everything still works as it should except the zoom. Now your probably not going to be as rough with yours, I had it attached to my LCE/MOLLE Vest in the field crawling, jumping out of airplanes..... The 120 is in the wife's car as part of the emergency kit. I replaced it with a Rino 130 and that one is in my truck emergency kit. I use a Garmin Colorado 400t for Geocaching that I bought in 2009.

Go out and play with it and have fun.

Edit: Youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Opc55y-RG6Q

Last edited:

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I have the Rino 530hcx and love it. What questions do you have? Do you know that you have to have an additional cd with either street maps or topo to get more detail? Shoot some questions and I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to answer them. I started with the yellow Garmin eTrex then Rino 130 and finally upgraded to the 530hcx due to it having usb connectivity. Once you start to load maps you will appreciate the usb connection.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

jgreg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Independence LA

I have the Rino 530hcx and love it. What questions do you have? Do you know that you have to have an additional cd with either street maps or topo to get more detail? Shoot some questions and I'll keep an eye on this thread and try to answer them. I started with the yellow Garmin eTrex then Rino 130 and finally upgraded to the 530hcx due to it having usb connectivity. Once you start to load maps you will appreciate the usb connection.

I still having problems I need ur help please would u please write out how to do the following
    Starting at my parked truck mark it as a waypoint then I would go find a place to put a stand I will mark it and call it stand 1.
    Ok now to get back I need to use the same trail because I have handicaps I do not know how to get back using GPS if u could please write out how to do this I would appreciate it very much
    K have plenty of land available to practice it us very important I use the same trail because of handicaps thanks very much
    It

jgreg

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    Independence LA
    First of all thanks
    2nd I do not have any map source products Is there a free site to download those?
    3rd I cannot find road lock on mine Where would it be at and could it be another name?

I am going to practice again tomorrow but so far I have not seen the little dots you describe. Are they being shown/ put down as I am going to stand 1?
    I appreciate all you have done and please continue to help me

Also mine is just a rino 530
    Thanks again.

MRBULLRED

Psalms 27: 1-3
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I may be home earlier than I thought. Give me until this evening when I get off of work. I'll have it right in front of me to tell you the exact buttons and location.

Top Bottom