General douchebaggery at the Kenner show

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Win1917

Win1917
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Lafayette
    I too have met some dealers at the show that make me wonder what the hell they even showed up for.. Some of them have the worst sales technique I have ever experienced..

They have the worst sales technique because they're not actually trying to sell anything :D. Some of those guys are just collectors hoping to pick up a bargain from somebody. If somebody's willing pay their absurd asking prices they'll sell but that's not what they're there for. A while back I overheard one of those guys with the shiny glass cases going on and on about how the best way to make money on guns is not to sell them but to hold on to them and let them appreciate. That explains why he keeps hauling the same over-priced crap from show to show every year. He thinks he's making more money by not selling anything.

Booseman

In Vino Veritas
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Lake Charles
    They have the worst sales technique because they're not actually trying to sell anything :D. Some of those guys are just collectors hoping to pick up a bargain from somebody. If somebody's willing pay their absurd asking prices they'll sell but that's not what they're there for. A while back I overheard one of those guys with the shiny glass cases going on and on about how the best way to make money on guns is not to sell them but to hold on to them and let them appreciate. That explains why he keeps hauling the same over-priced crap from show to show every year. He thinks he's making more money by not selling anything.

That is a new sales technique to me!!! PMSL!!! :rofl:

Dave328

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 11, 2007
    Gretna
    My experience at a recent Kennuh-brah show:

At one of the "old-timers" tables next to the guys that usually have all the old Lugers, he has a USED USPc mag in a bag on the table with no price.

Me: how much for the USP compac mag?
    Him: $49
    Me: :eek: seriously?!?!? [as I put it back on the table]
    Him:[with a very condecending look and tone] have you ever bought an Hk mag before?
    Me: :rolleyes: Uhh yeah, about 50 or 60 times before and I've never paid $15 over new for a used mag. [and walked off to buy a new mag for $34 at the "Clip" table]

Moral of the story: Gun shows today SUCK!

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    We should pitch in and buy a table. We can set up a beer/refreshment tent around our table and hire door security, "Only BS Members Allowed!" That way we could all get in as vendors for "free" and have a place to "people watch" from. And by "people watch," I mean making fun of other vendors and patrons who are there to "test" out the throwing stars before they buy them.

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Oh, and to make recognition of other members easy, we should make it a black tie affair?!
    1130-wedding-etiquette-black-tie-tuxedo_we.jpg

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bruce robison
    Top Bottom