Get vaccinated

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    This pass year I've been loosing alot of family members from covid 19,the most recent one was my cousins husband (early 40s) who died from covid..he was the breadwinner for his family of 5.kids ages range from 3years old to 16 Years old..
    Would you rather risk dying than taking the vaccine?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    This pass year I've been loosing alot of family members from covid 19,the most recent one was my cousins husband (early 40s) who died from covid..he was the breadwinner for his family of 5.kids ages range from 3years old to 16 Years old..

I’m sorry for your loss and I’m not trying to take away from what you’ve experienced but I’m not getting the shot. I’m in no way scared of it and I don’t let the small amount of stories I’ve heard on top of the media fear mongering change my decision. I’m in no way anti vaccine, I’m more vaccinated than the average American due to the military.

I have twins that are three. One of them caught covid when he was two. He was groggy for a day and fine after that. In that time my family quarantined with him at my house. I didn’t change a thing. I drank after him, ate with him, and held him in my arms like I used to before he turned into a mini gorilla.

The vaccine is a personal decision and it should be left at that. If your goal is to get more people to get vaccinated then telling them to do so probably isn’t the best route. I look at the facts and from what I see it should absolutely be taken seriously but is nothing to be in a panic about or getting pissed at people who choose not too. People can do their own re search and make their own decisions which they should. It’s an individual to individual decision that should be made. So to answer your question yes I’d rather take the chance of dying from covid than getting the vaccine because for me personally I believe those chances are very slim. I see the vaccine potentially doing more harm than covid which people seem to ignore has a 98% survival rate or they just haven’t done the research.

Last edited:

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I took my shots in January due to many health issues and will take the 3rd shot as soon as it is available.
    Everyone should do that they feel is best for them.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I've lost about 5 people I know to the virus and none were old and none were vaccinated.
    My neighbor is on a vent at OLOL now and has been for a couple weeks. He's about 35 and he wasn't vaccinated.
    We are praying the he makes it.

I just heard the East Feliciana Coroner on the radio tell the dispatcher that the code orange call they had didn't make it.

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I’m sorry for your loss and I’m not trying to take away from what you’ve experienced but I’m not getting the shot. I’m in no way scared of it and I don’t let the small amount of stories I’ve heard on top of the media fear mongering change my decision. I’m in no way anti vaccine, I’m more vaccinated than the average American due to the military.

I have twins that are three. One of them caught covid when he was two. He was groggy for a day and fine after that. In that time my family quarantined with him at my house. I didn’t change a thing. I drank after him, ate with him, and held him in my arms like I used to before he turned into a mini gorilla.

The vaccine is a personal decision and it should be left at that. If your goal is to get more people to get vaccinated then telling them to do so probably isn’t the best route. I look at the facts and from what I see it should absolutely be taken seriously but is nothing to be in a panic about or getting pissed at people who choose not too. People can do their own re search and make their own decisions which they should. It’s an individual to individual decision that should be made. So to answer your question yes I’d rather take the chance of dying from covid than getting the vaccine because for me personally I believe those chances are very slim. I see the vaccine potentially doing more harm than covid which people seem to ignore has a 98% survival rate or they just haven’t done the research.

Totally understand..

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I'd rather die. I feel like I've already had covid and didn't do anything about it. I had the diahrea for a couple weeks, fever, groggy, tired, etc.... It cleared up after about 3 weeks. I figured I just had a slight flu like any other other time. May have been covid, I don't know. I just powered through it like anything else. No shot, no nothing. No shots for me buddy. Not happening

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I got both pokes as soon as I could, which was sooner than most due to my heart condition.

I do recommend getting the shots.

I do NOT approve of a mandate to get the shot.

What ever happened to 'My Body, My Choice' ?

As for masks.

I do not require masks in my shop. I'm fully vaccinated. I'm not concerned about catching it. (although I'm not going out of my way to be around someone who might be contagious.)
    If you feel more comfortable wearing a mask in the gun shop, go ahead. I won't make you. Your choice.

If I am on YOUR property, and you require a mask, I'll wear one, or not enter your property. That is what I refer to as 'respect'.

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    i'm 60 have never taken a Flu shot and no plan to take the Covid Shot.I see it as a personal choice.My gut tells me it's not about health,never in my lifetime has there been a push from the government to take a vaccine like this.I will take my chances i have lived a good life if covid kills me it was my time to go.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    i'm 60 have never taken a Flu shot and no plan to take the Covid Shot.I see it as a personal choice.My gut tells me it's not about health,never in my lifetime has there been a push from the government to take a vaccine like this.I will take my chances i have lived a good life if covid kills me it was my time to go.

Things being said such as this, by people much older/more experienced in life than myself, just solidify my stubbornness to refuse to get it. Thank you sir

Last edited:

Old School

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2012
    DTR

Sorry for what you have experienced. Thanks for your opinion.

CatCam

Ready, Shoot, Aim!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Fact: Covid can kill you.
    Fact: Covid can make you very sick and give you lasting issues
    Fact: Covid can make you mildly sick and achy
    Fact: Covid may not do anything to you
    Fact: Covid is here, it is a virus and it does not discriminate who it will infect
    Fact: Covid has a vaccine, but it is not 100%
    Fact: Covid vaccine is voluntary unless a (insert agency here) requires it.
    Fact: Covid has our emergency rooms filled with patients, some will make it some will not.

Everything comes down to ORM (Operational Risk Management) - therefore, I took the vaccine and sleep better at night knowing I have some layer of protection. BUT, it is YOUR choice. Just don't expect me to give you sympathy if you do get it and haven't been vaccinated - that was YOUR choice.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here

Maybe, but I think the government pushed polio vaccines as well as measles. The big difference is it wasn’t politicized and people just got the vaccine. I’ll repeat what I’ve said before, if Trump wins in 2020 then most people around here would be vaccinated. All it would have take was a few Trump vaccine rallies and people would have been lining up for days to get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Riverc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Torbert,La.
    Maybe, but I think the government pushed polio vaccines as well as measles. The big difference is it wasn’t politicized and people just got the vaccine. I’ll repeat what I’ve said before, if Trump wins in 2020 then most people around here would be vaccinated. All it would have take was a few Trump vaccine rallies and people would have been lining up for days to get it.

I don't know maybe some would have,but i'm not one of them and know others that feel the same as i do.They claim Trump took the vaccine in private,i suspect he did not take it.

Last edited:

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

The chances of having issues with the vaccine are way less than having issues with Covid.

Your risk analysis is incorrect.

Gus McCrae

No sir, I ain't.
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Colorado

I'd like to think so, but didn't Trump get booed when he told a crowd in Alabama they should get the shot?

Hermit

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 27, 2007
    Ascension
    I got the shots (Moderna) as soon as they were available.
    The idea of drowning in my own body fluids does not appeal to me.
    I respect everyone's right to make that decision. Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom