Glock 21 10mm conversion barrel

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KRB

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Franklinton, LA
    if I were converting a G21 for hog hunting I would have gone 460 Rowland instead of 10mm, or just bought a 10mm glock or maybe traded for one. with the Rowland you can still shoot 45acp with no mods, but I'm not sure how the 10mm conversion compares cost wise to the 460. I've seen the ammo available at more places than I expected in 460 as well. but then I reload too.

Gunbeaux

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Gretna La.
    if I were converting a G21 for hog hunting I would have gone 460 Rowland instead of 10mm, or just bought a 10mm glock or maybe traded for one. with the Rowland you can still shoot 45acp with no mods, but I'm not sure how the 10mm conversion compares cost wise to the 460. I've seen the ammo available at more places than I expected in 460 as well. but then I reload too.
    i have considered going with the 460 rowland I have a springfield 1911 might work

KRB

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 1, 2020
    Franklinton, LA
    i have considered going with the 460 rowland I have a springfield 1911 might work
    if I had the cash I'd just go with their whole converted setup that they build on a Kimber stainless long slide/6in 1911 that doesn't require the compensator and comes with their upgraded buffer recoil system for like $1800. the G21 gives you a few more rounds though.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    Just wondering if anyone has found the stock recoil spring assembly for the .45 needs to be replaced with a heavier spring system? Probably an aftermarket spring that would prevent the frame from taking too much battering (possible damage). Seems quite a bit more pressure and recoil force in a 10mm than you would get from a .45. Something will have to give eventually if the extra recoil is not considered.

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Just wondering if anyone has found the stock recoil spring assembly for the .45 needs to be replaced with a heavier spring system? Probably an aftermarket spring that would prevent the frame from taking too much battering (possible damage). Seems quite a bit more pressure and recoil force in a 10mm than you would get from a .45. Something will have to give eventually if the extra recoil is not considered.
    The G20 and G21 use the same RSA. No need to replace it considering it’s the same part.

sylvest

Come and Take It
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Oct 17, 2007
    Denham Springs
    Thanks for the info!
    I have a G30 with a 10mm KKM conversion barrel and a G20SF as well. I learned when shooting DoubleTap full power heavy loads i needed a heavy spring. I believe I'm running a 22# spring on a steel guide rod. Improved accuracy and tamed recoil as well. I moved to Colorado in 2015 and this has been my woods gun here and in Alaska running 230gr HCFN rounds. I've also used a lot of 180gr bonded JHP as well.

The 30 with full power loads and a factory rod and spring cracked the old Gen 3 spring. Sent it back to Glock and they gave me a new frame. After switching to heavy spring it runs great with no issues.

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    I have a G30 with a 10mm KKM conversion barrel and a G20SF as well. I learned when shooting DoubleTap full power heavy loads i needed a heavy spring. I believe I'm running a 22# spring on a steel guide rod. Improved accuracy and tamed recoil as well. I moved to Colorado in 2015 and this has been my woods gun here and in Alaska running 230gr HCFN rounds. I've also used a lot of 180gr bonded JHP as well.

The 30 with full power loads and a factory rod and spring cracked the old Gen 3 spring. Sent it back to Glock and they gave me a new frame. After switching to heavy spring it runs great with no issues.
    I bet that's a handful to shoot with full power loads. Have you tried Buffalo Bore ammo in it?

jdindadell

Not Banned!!!
    Rating - 100%
    269   0   1
    Feb 14, 2010
    Slidell
    I would suggest getting a a few heavier recoil springs and testing them with your preferred ammo. While it may function with the stock RSA, those rounds look to have contacted with the slide during ejection, which may indicate that the slide velocity is too high.

twinin

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    I would also think the increased pressure difference would need a heavier spring. I'm thinking about getting one for my G21

twinin

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    May 5, 2017
    Houma
    Do you have to switch the extractor every time you change calibers? If that's the case, I would just as soon buy a whole other slide

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Do you have to switch the extractor every time you change calibers? If that's the case, I would just as soon buy a whole other slide
    I didn’t the first time I shot it and it mangled a few pieces of bras. I did the second time I shot it and the brass came out looking fine.

I didn’t have any malfunctions through 150 rounds but 6-7 pieces of brass came out a bit mangled when i didn’t change out the extractor.

It takes about 2 minutes to change the extractor out on a Glock. Not a huge deal imo.

Last edited:

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    I would suggest getting a a few heavier recoil springs and testing them with your preferred ammo. While it may function with the stock RSA, those rounds look to have contacted with the slide during ejection, which may indicate that the slide velocity is too high.
    Out of 150 rounds 6 or 7 pieces of brass came out like the ones pictured. The second time I shot it after change the extractor only all brass came out looking fine. The RSA in a Glock 20 and 21 is the same part. If someone was only going to fire extremely hot 10mm I don’t think it would be a terrible idea to possibly get a slightly heavier RSA but I wouldn’t go crazy.

Top Bottom