Glock 28 imported?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    At the Slidell Gun Show last weekend, I saw a Glock 28 on a table. I thought to myself, "Wow, Glock finally started selling these in the US, even though the slimmer 42 makes it almost pointless now." As I already own a few .380s, I passed, but looking on Glock's site to see if I missed something, they still don't offer the 28, or the 25 for that matter, in the US, only the 42. What am I missing here? It was brand new in box, so not likely someone moved here and managed to bring it in country, then sell it on to someone. Anyone in the know have an idea on how that works in the market? Maybe just a fluke that a dealer received it by shipping mistake and put it out, or are they actually normally available through the right channels but not commonly seen?

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    96   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    Yea kinda silly they bring these to the us marked… kinda pointless, it’s a g26 and g19 that’s been converted to run a .380…. Only reason it was invented was for country’s that didn’t allow people to carry the same “military calibers” 9mm…. So it’s the same size gun that shoots a less powerful bullet… I mean I get the Glock 42 and all but it’s silly to bring these to American market… between the cost of .380 vs 9mm and the power/energy it’s a no brainer in the same exact package

Jstudz220

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Oct 14, 2020
    Harvey Louisiana
    Yea kinda silly they bring these to the us marked… kinda pointless, it’s a g26 and g19 that’s been converted to run a .380…. Only reason it was invented was for country’s that didn’t allow people to carry the same “military calibers” 9mm…. So it’s the same size gun that shoots a less powerful bullet… I mean I get the Glock 42 and all but it’s silly to bring these to American market… between the cost of .380 vs 9mm and the power/energy it’s a no brainer in the same exact package
    Yep. I’m a fan of Glocks and I agree it was pointless to bring it here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wrobi2016
    Top Bottom