Glock 33rd mag for home defense?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    I was wondering if that would be a good idea. I have many glocks, 5 different glocks to be exact, and i have over 20mags per gun (dont ask why, it just makes me happy knowing i have that much...) but recently ive started buying a few 33rd mags for both .40 and 9mm versions. I usually keep about 15 of my G23 mags loaded full capacity with PDX1 for when SHTF. But I was thinking, why not save having all those mags loaded and load up a few 30 rounders and save space while having more ammo at the same time. What do you guys think of this concept? Also, since the 33/30 rd mags are longer, would it hurt the spring if i kept it fully loaded for say.... 1-2 years?

jwglock

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 28, 2011
    Ponchatoula, LA
    Same reliability as any other glock mag. No problem keeping them or any other mag loaded. Why not keep all of them loaded? Gun shoots better with the big mag because of the weight.

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    i always thought in the back of my head that since the 33rd mags are larger and the springs are longer, it would hurt the mags if i kept it loaded, but if you are saying no, then say hello to my new bedsider. also gona put the other 8 33rd mags that i have in a survival/shtf pack with gold dots fully loaded. haha

BrandonLSU

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    Learn to hit your target and you can worry less about the number of rounds you have loaded. That is unless you plan to have 15 to 30 targets assail you or your abode. Not that it would never happen but I don't think that anyone has ever been assaulted or had their home seiged by an assault force of criminals of that magnitude. You should just get one of these, and each shot you are throwing nine projectiles at your target:
    serbu_shorty.jpg

bwalke1

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    the only thing i would be worried about would be the Legal ramifications of shooting someone then going to court and having to deal with a lawyer who wants to know why you needed a 33 round mag to shoot his client. now in a true SHTF situation it's a moot point. other than that, you sir are a mag whore, not that there's anything wrong with that....lol

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    The legal issues also crossed my mind. You'll be characterized as a psychotic lunatic for having a mag like that, instead of being characterized as a psychotic lunatic for owning a gun like that...

I was thinking the extra weight might make the gun awkward to handle. I'd suggest loading a mag of each and with an UNCHAMBERED firearm try maneuvering around the house. Check your draw speed also because the extra weight could make a difference.

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    when SHTF, believe that i will have all my 9mm mags loaded fully capped with gold dots. all 32 of them. oh wait... they already are all full. just grab and go!

Top Bottom