Glock 33rd mag for home defense?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ry_kj_an

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    33 round Glock 18 mag + prosecutor + media + jury = bad juju in court if you actually have to use it.

Come on, it's home defense. I have two handguns within reach and 3 steps or 7 steps to a rifle depending if the situation is dire enough to jump over my wife (son in danger).

Best bet is use your normal capacity mags, have extra, get everyone in a secure room with good view of the door and
    Bunker down. If you need 33 rounds you are ****ed.

So does your rifle have a 30 round mag? Is it an ar? If so, I wonder if they will show an m16 or m4 to the judge and jury????
    If it's my home I'm using every tool at my disposal to eliminate the threat. Always cheat...always win...

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    i second/agree with rykyan. rather cheat to win than not and lose. my friends always question me "why the hell do you always carry a gun" or "real men use their hands"...well true, but when the other guy has a gun, who's a loser now?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you need some quality ammunition to fill all your 9mm magazines let me know.

brand0n5o4

OFFICER PLZ
    Rating - 98.9%
    87   1   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Metairie
    what do you have JBP55? i have alot of gold dots, XTP 147gr, and even more critical duty's +p.

i have 17 mags fully capped right now with gold dots..

jasonj5313

Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Ponchatoula
    I'd actually rather 2 17rd mags than a single 33rd mag. All mags can fail, spares aren't just for extra ammo. I keep my nightstand 19 loaded with a 17rd mag, with an additional 17rd mag next to it. If I ever have to grab my pistol you better believe I'm shoving that spare in my undies. :D

So what happens if someone were to sleep in the nude, were would they put a spare mag? ;)

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Hardballing

Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    Not debating the point here but...I've never used a Glock Korean mag and have used G18 mags as back ups.

With that said, I've never had a G18 mag fail yet. So...what is the issue mentioned earlier about unreliability of the 33 rounders?

Also, here's a hint, load 30 and rock on.

OneStory

Warrior in God's Army
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Wandering
    Happy sticks aren't popular in law enforcement, training and competition because they are either not allowed or because they are inconvenient. Bedside home defense pistols don't usually share those restrictions.

If the mag fails, use your spare. Be it another happy stick or not. Remember, if the happy stick fails, you can always hit him with it. ;-)

"If you need a 33rd mag, your ***ked!" Really? Then you are gonna be glad you have one!!!

LACamper

oldbie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 3, 2007
    Metairie, LA
    Sleep in the nude? Are you nuts? YOu should be sleeping in camo to match your sheets (or your sheets should match your camo, so they can't tell if you're in bed or not!). You should have your tactical vest on with spare mags. Your nightstand light should have a reading mode and an ultra bright strobe setting. Oh and a tactical teddy bear with the secret flashbang inside, just in case.

kcinnick

Training Ferrous Metal
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    Sleep in the nude? Are you nuts? YOu should be sleeping in camo to match your sheets (or your sheets should match your camo, so they can't tell if you're in bed or not!). You should have your tactical vest on with spare mags. Your nightstand light should have a reading mode and an ultra bright strobe setting. Oh and a tactical teddy bear with the secret flashbang inside, just in case.

Where is the like button?

Top Bottom