Glock 40cal Mag Extensions

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davidd

Expert in the field of wife avoidance
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Been reading up on Glock mags extensions, and it seems that some people can get 20 rounds in the 40cal mags, some 20 but non-reloadable, and some 19. I bought one of the newly redesigned Dawson extensions to try, and I can get 20 rounds in by the skin of my teeth, but it is definitely not reloadable. Any on here have any luck getting 20 rounds reloadable? Did you have to butcher the follower a lot? All I did was round the back bottom edge some as shown in the demo video (so far).

I'm using late model Gen4 mags.

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It's too long for USPSA Limited. Otherwise, yeah, factory 22 round for $35ish beats the hell out of a factory mag plus a $30 extention plus custom work, plus testing...

John58

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Baton Rouge
    When I had my Glock and shot limited with it, I used the Dawson basepads. The trimming of the follower was not that hard, Dave even has a video on his site that can help you out. Only took a couple of minutes and was well worth it.

davidd

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 9, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Thanks Jesse, it's been sitting with 19 rounds for about a week now. I actually forgot to check it this weekend. I was trying for 20 reloadable because Spanky has a way of setting up stages where natural reloading points are sometimes after 20 rounds. That 20th round may help keep the flow going a little better.

Pigfish73

Brass Junkie!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I have tried Dawson Precision, Taylor Freelance, and Arredondo. I use the Arredondo's and sold the others. No problem getting 20 rounds (reloadable) in the 40 mags. 23 in the 9 mags. I trimmed the bottom of the follower so that it's flat. I haven't had any problems from either caliber. Check out Shooters Connection, Power Factor or Shooters Source.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LazrBeam
    Top Bottom