Glock 4th Generation

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirIsaacNewton

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    New Orleans, LA
    Found this at another sight. I am not impressed. :thumbsdown:

3lvjvugxn5d0ufr8uaie.jpg

jjoker16

Rating - 98.3%
    57   1   0
    Jan 23, 2008
    Ascension Parish
    I think the 3rd gens are going to become even more popular than they are now.

I have not handled the new one, but I dont care too much for the 4th Gen...

Just my insignificant opinion :)

Last edited:

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    I guess I'm not in the majority here, but I don't see anything wrong with it other than the caliber. I'm going to guess that there is a smaller, then current (gen3) size, and larger backstrap there? anyone know for sure? I don't have the Burger King "tiny hands" and would like to try one out.

FrankJr

Tazer,Mace,then Miranda
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 12, 2007
    Zachary, La
    The insert in the middle is the conventional sized grip with the others being a smaller and larger grip than the standard Glock grip. I didn't get the pleasure but our agency did get a chance to T&E one a couple of weeks ago and I am told the smaller grip proved to make a significant improvemt with small framed female shooters and the .40. I guess we will know pretty soon as we will be one of the first agencies getting these and it will be the new Duty gun for the office.

Looking at this picture I would be glad if they stay with the conventional vertical slide serrations on the 4th Gen. I am not into the curved style on the other RTF pistols.

Last edited:

gocoastal

I'm a girl.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2009
    NOLA
    The slide is shiny. Normally I like shiny things, but I'm not sure how I feel about this on a Glock, of all things.

I guess I'm not in the majority here, but I don't see anything wrong with it other than the caliber. I'm going to guess that there is a smaller, then current (gen3) size, and larger backstrap there? anyone know for sure? I don't have the Burger King "tiny hands" and would like to try one out.

Turn Key

Stuck up North
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty sure it is the same Tennifer finish, but it is most likely the way the picture was taken.
    Yep, same Tennifer finish. On the slide, I'm pretty sure the photo is accurate with the racking slots being straight. Their .40 G22 RTF had angled racking slots.

I've surly been wrong before, but the G22 RTF that I'd seen at an Armorers course had these features.

There is certainly nothing wrong with buying a used Glock IMHO. A normal shooter could never wear out a Glock pistol in their lifetime...

TK

ofcmetz

Dark Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think this is an improvement as it gets away from the one size fits all view. Many many shooters don't have the right hand size to comfortably shoot a glock and now they do. Good Job GLOCK. :)

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    340   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Yeah the GLOCK I owned had that tupperware container. It was kind of, well, cool.

Dave

But not very safe the way the trigger fit in the box. Some say they have put them in the box loaded and had a ND. I have never seen this happen though.

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Even with the interchangeable backstraps it still looks uncomfortable and un-ergonomic to me. There's more to grip than just size, and IMO I still think their grip angle and shape sucks...and they haven't really "fixed" anything here...

Also surprised they still didn't fix any of the issues related to one-handed gun work, considering it's a "combat handgun".

TDH

FFL/Class 3 NFA Dealer
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Livingston
    I don't get what's supposedly wrong with the Glock grip. I've never had an issue with it. I'm an HK guy but I have my fair share of Glock's. I see nothing but improvement here. To each his own I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Good2go504
    Top Bottom