Glock blue label in Louisiana = non existent?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yetimaltz

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2019
    Metairie
    Small rant here, but why can I find blue label dealers in every other state EXCEPT LA online right now at this very moment and find Glocks of all flavors and varieties available for between $380-450 including some politically “blue/purple” states?

Does LA just suck in this category or does anyone know of vendors / blue label participating vendors that they can point me to?

SpeedRacer

Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Feb 23, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    There’s several dealers in LA. I can tell you though, Blue Label Glocks have been a rare sight coming in. We’ve been seeing maybe a handful a month at Interstate Guns, if that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Small rant here, but why can I find blue label dealers in every other state EXCEPT LA online right now at this very moment and find Glocks of all flavors and varieties available for between $380-450 including some politically *blue/purple* states?

Does LA just suck in this category or does anyone know of vendors / blue label participating vendors that they can point me to?

https://us.glock.com/en/Dealer-Locator-USA

Glock can point you in the right direction.

WhereIsIt?

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 30, 2020
    Gretna, La
    Practical Tactical usually has a nice stock of blue label. I got both my blue labels from them. Jefferson Gun always had a few in stock not near as much as Practical ... Maybe I just called at wrong times.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and Barneys does have sig blue label in case you were interested in that.

cyclone1970

Oldie
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Covington LA
    Bought a Glock Blue label from site sponsor C&S Gun Parlor before Chinese Virus hit when Glock offered BL. pricing to vets. They were great then.

Yetimaltz

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 17, 2019
    Metairie
    Thanks all for the replies.

it sounds like the issue isn’t the dealers per say but the stock they receive from Glock designated to be sold under the blue label.

just sucks cause I see states like Texas and Nevada and others with glocks galore online and in stock for sub $400 but with residency limits.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I was in process of getting us set up at Gretna Gun but the regional blue label rep told me they shelfed adding new dealers for the time being because they simply cannot meet demand. He mentioned the factory running 24/7 in attempt to keep up with the market. Crazy. Guns I used to order 12 at a time are non existent. Who would have ever thought a damn Glock would be impossible to get?!

LaBelle

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Near Natchitoches
    With the demand but no product readily available here, why not let Texas BL dealers sell to LA folks if no LA BL dealer has what we're looking for, and transfer to our lgs?

Closest BL to me is a 4 hour drive to BR.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    With the demand but no product readily available here, why not let Texas BL dealers sell to LA folks if no LA BL dealer has what we're looking for, and transfer to our lgs?

Closest BL to me is a 4 hour drive to BR.

Im pretty sure Glock has an agreement form and they will drop ship to your lgs.

Random fact: The Blue label program used to include criminal justice college majors. I brought my report card to Barneys before I worked there and participated. I was able to scoop up a pretty rare model that was only on blue label. G23C RTF2. Good stuff. CJ option is gone now though.

Last edited:

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I picked up a Gen 4 Glock 40 (10mm long slide) from Baton Rouge Police Supply about a month ago. At that point the only Glocks they had in stock were the 40's and a few 43X's. No idea what they have now.

Mike

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I got my Glock 43X Blue Label last year from Practical Tactical in Baton Rouge. They were great to deal with. The other one in BR as in BR Police Supply are a$$holes

La26

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Paulina, La.
    On January 27th, I went to Baton Rouge Police Supplies to make some Departmental purchases. While I was there, I saw a Glock 19x (tan color) in the display case. It was the only gun in the display. I asked if it was available under the Blue Label program, and they told me that it is a Blue Label gun. I bought it, along with two spare mags in the same color. That was the ONLY Glock in the store, glad I jumped on it when I saw it.

El Pozzinator

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Denham springs LA
    PracTac has a list if you need to purchase anything they don’t have in stock. Give them name and number, they order and call when it shows up, you have 3 days once it arrives to pick it up or it goes to the next person in line. Got my 48 that way. They’re great to deal with, and the staff don’t act like a bunch of holster-sniffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    PracTac has a list if you need to purchase anything they don’t have in stock. Give them name and number, they order and call when it shows up, you have 3 days once it arrives to pick it up or it goes to the next person in line. Got my 48 that way. They’re great to deal with, and the staff don’t act like a bunch of holster-sniffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were really nice when I got my 43x from them. They had two in the store but were promised for two customers. They told me if they didn't pick them up by Friday I could get one. Both were gone by Friday and they ordered me one and called when it came in it was only about 3 days.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    They were really nice when I got my 43x from them. They had two in the store but were promised for two customers. They told me if they didn't pick them up by Friday I could get one. Both were gone by Friday and they ordered me one and called when it came in it was only about 3 days.

Yeah they are great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

burien

Burien
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    What model you looking for? Also the Glock shooting sports foundation now gives a purchase voucher for a one year gssf membership so blue labels are getting even thinner this year.

Top Bottom