Glock LEO/MIL Discount

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benorth

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 17, 2012
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I didn't see any other threads pertaining to this and had a few questions. So, yesterday I contacted Glock about ordering through them using there Blue Line discount. I received an email that there was a 270 day wait, however there were no pricing charts, detail, etc. I'm not terribly concerned about the wait but was curious to know if it would be better to just buy from a local dealer (BR Police Supply is the closest I know of) or if it was worth going through them? Does anyone have any experience or advice on working directly with Glock?

11Bravo

Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Opelousas, LA
    It's really easy to go through Barney's or BR Police Supply. Bring in proper ID and documents, pay your $398.xx plus tax and walk out with your Glock. Can't comment about dealing directly with Glock as I've never tried. Someone who has may be able to chime in, but I think you'd be better off going through a local dealer.

returningliberty

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    Hammond, LA
    It's really easy to go through Barney's or BR Police Supply. Bring in proper ID and documents, pay your $398.xx plus tax and walk out with your Glock. Can't comment about dealing directly with Glock as I've never tried. Someone who has may be able to chime in, but I think you'd be better off going through a local dealer.

+1

Commander 007

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    B.R. Police Supply and Barney's Police Supply are the only two LE Glock dealers for the state of Louisiana. $398 for Compact, Sub Compact and full size duty guns. A little more for 34 and 35. Approx $65 more if you want night sights.

pwl822

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    boyce
    check around for le dealers. we have two in alexandria , alex indoor range and big als guns , but the other side is glock has told them maybe june 2013 , and the guns they have on order have been pre paid for.

US Infidel

TRUST NO ONE
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    Earth
    when i bought mine, the full size guns were the same price as non-leo but came with night sights and an extra mag. Compacts were same gun as non-leo, (2 mags without night sights) but $100 cheaper. But that was a few years ago. Does it still work about the same?

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    check around for le dealers. we have two in alexandria , alex indoor range and big als guns , but the other side is glock has told them maybe june 2013 , and the guns they have on order have been pre paid for.

Incorrect, Commander 007 is correct. There are only 2 authorized Glock LEO dealers in La. Barneys and Baton Rouge Police Supply and their pistols come directly from Glock. Others are sub dealers and purchase from a distributor for approximately $30 more and you pay approximately $30 more as well. A sub dealer would be one such as Accurate Police Supply in Baton Rouge.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    when i bought mine, the full size guns were the same price as non-leo but came with night sights and an extra mag. Compacts were same gun as non-leo, (2 mags without night sights) but $100 cheaper. But that was a few years ago. Does it still work about the same?

The Blue Label Glocks have always been cheaper than non Blue Label Glocks and came with the same plastic sights unless ordered otherwise. Prior to the Gen 4 models all BL Glocks other than the sub compacts came with 3 magazines and all non BL Glocks came with 2 magazines. That changed when the Gen 4 Glocks BL or non BL started shipping with the same number of magazines.

pwl822

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    boyce
    they are blue label dealers ,yes you will pay $30 more. driving from alex or farther north to barneys or baton rouge unless you have other business will cost you more than $30 in gas and time. be great if they didnt charge the extra.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    they are blue label dealers ,yes you will pay $30 more. driving from alex or farther north to barneys or baton rouge unless you have other business will cost you more than $30 in gas and time. be great if they didnt charge the extra.

Correct, and they are referred to as sub dealers and are authorized to sell BL Glocks therefore the additional $30 cost. As sub dealers the pistols cost them $30 more than the two true BL dealers in La.
    Barney's is one of the top 10 Glock Blue Label Dealers in the USA.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom